chapter 2

"Rough day?"

Tine is startled as he hears a smoky and dead sexy voice, coming from the seat next to him, amidst the loud music of the club. Pear has already left with her girl friends but Tine needed another drink. He's not sure how much is he drunk but he concludes drunk enough to see a super hot guy checking him out. When was the last time somebody looked at him like that? Tine doesn't remember.

Tine sighs, "yup. Ran into a dinosaur."

Tine isn't sure why he said what he said. Perhaps, one of his weird ways to cope up with social anxiety. He's not good at being seen. And this man wasn't simply staring at him because he's a man and he is alone. He is looking at him like that's the only thing he intends to do at that moment. Tine decides not this guy. He's too depressed to feed ego of a man this attractive by admitting that he is desperate to have sex with him.

"Oh" the man says, "time travelling and shit. Been there. Can understand."

"Thanks" Tine says unamusedly.

"In fact" the man says, leaning his upper body a little closer after a pause, "I have a time machine at my apartment. Wanna go see it?"

Tine's heart skips a beat but that is one of the things on the list that he is not supposed to do anymore. So he pretends otherwise.

"You know" Tine snorts, "good thing you're hot. Because with that horrible pickup line, a regular guy is gonna die virgin."

The man is smiling fondly. What a weirdo!

He says, "Good to know that."

Tine frowns, "what? That I think your pick up lines are horrible?"

"Nu-uh" The man says with a smirk, "that you think I'm hot."

Tine's stomach drops, fucking butterflies. The guy smirks and comes closer, whispering dangerously in his ears, "so..shall we go?"

"You wish" Tine replies quickly before something possesses him, "I'd rather have a dinosaur eat me."

"Ouch" the man says dramatically, "that hurt."

Tine shrugs, "Can't help."

"Well" the man says, pursing his lips in thin line, "then I'll have to go find somebody who can."

However, the man stays back and examines Tine's face. Tine is sure he won't let it give anything away and so he keeps pulling a long face, not even looking in the man's direction. The man sighs and lifts from his seat and walks out.

"Are you sure that pick up line is horrible?" The man comes back to ask again. Tine flinches and cocks his head to the man's side. The proximity of their faces flutters his heart and he looks away.

Tine bites his lips and says, "nah it works. You can use it."

The man smirks and touches Tine at his shoulder, "thanks dude."

The man lingers his gazes at Tine before he leaves and Tine swears disappointment is not what he is feeling. He bends his head down when after five minutes, another man, perhaps two or three years younger than him sits next to him. Do people have a thing for recently engaged men? Tine wonders.

"Do you want to dance?" The boy asks.

Tine looks at him. He had pleasing smile and his features were softer than the last guy. Tine frowns, why was he comparing him with the last guy? Tine gets puzzled and shakes his head.

"Oh" the boy says as if a realisation has struck him. Tine glances at him to find his eyes glued on the ring finger of his right hand.

"I'm sorry man" the boy apologizes sheepishly before disappearing into crowd. Something snaps in Tine. He feels bitterly annoyed at the feeling which he was right about - this is what the marriage is going to do to him, destroying all his chances to find out what's kept for him out there. So what? Because of marriage, he isn't allowed to have someone attracted to him anymore? This was ridiculous.

Tine chugs the beer down his throat and decides the alcohol is filled up to the brim of his system and yet is not anywhere near to the level of frustration inside him. He's done playing a person he's tired to be. He wants to be reckless, wild and free of all that is holding him back. He slides his ring out of his finger while the moral conflicts arise in the back of his head. He let them be there and throws the ring in his pocket before coming towards the dance floor. He knows who is he looking for and after a moment of search, Tine's eyes land on the man with horrible pick up lines but oh fucking great ass from earlier. He is sitting on a couch at one end of the club with a woman, almost in his lap, drinking the beer and flicking her hair. Tine's breathe hitches again as he finds the man catching his eyes before he breaks into a large grin. He whispers something to the woman to which she scowls and he walks towards Tine.

"My apartment." Tine says decisively as the man comes near, without breaking the eye contact.

"Doesn't matter" he says while leaning in slowly and unbuttoning the topmost button of Tine's shirt,  exposing his bare neck. He grabs Tine's revolting hand and keeps it in air before pressing his searing lips against Tine's neck. He licks the skin wet with his tongue and sucks it hard. Tine is freezed as the man pulls away and licks his own lips again.

He says, "time machine or no time machine, you're gonna have one timeless night of your life."

.......

Tine stretches his hands and turns around under the sheets, whining as his ass burns slightly. A series of soft moans escape from the deep of his throat and the memory of last night comes running down in his mind. He smiles and his eyes open in a flutter, only to find out the time machine man leaning against the window and looking at Tine. His upper body is naked and he has his hands in his pockets. Tine feels conscious of his stares but seeing the man smiling at him, he smiles back. It is a warm smile, Tine decides. The guy chuckles and starts putting his shirt on.

"Leaving already?" Tine asks in a hoarse voice.

The man shakes his head, "no? I want to marry you now."

Tine rolls his eyes so hard and throws a pillow at the man who's now giggling.

"Say that word again and I'll myself throw you out."

The man frowns and sits on the edge of the bed, near Tine.

"Looks like there's a story but I am already late for work."

Tine smiles sarcastically, "I wasn't intending to tell you."

The guy laughs and gives a deep smooch on Tine's lips.

"Thanks for the night. It was great. Bye."

Tine nods and sees him walk out of the door. He throws himself on the bed again. He feels hungry and tired. But more than anything, he feels overwhelmed. The man had kept his promise. They indeed lost track of time last night as they kept switching roles round after round. It had been just what Tine needed - a perfect night with the perfect guy before stepping into yet another imperfect journey of his life.

💚🤍