Chapter Six

Reality

   I lend Henry some clothes as we get ready to leave. I put on a dark red zip up, a grey shirt, and some sweat pants. Henry takes one of my brown hoodies and a pair of my black sweats. We knew it would be cold, since it's still somewhat early. 

   I walk out of my room as Henry follows. Chloe, sitting on the couch watching money heist, gives us a weird look. "Where are you two going?" She asks us as we put on our shoes. "I want to try to figure something's out." I say as I finish tying my shoes. She rolls her eyes as pauses the TV. "What do you mean by -somethings-?" She asks. "I need to figure out what my powers can do." I reply. "With Him?" She looks over to Henry as he struggles to put on his shoes. He looks up, embarrassed, as he tries to tie his laces. "Oh, uh, It was my idea actually." Henry says, looking over to me. "Fine, whatever. I'll tell mom you guys are hanging out or something." I nod as a thank you. 

   We walk out the door and head to an alleyway. "Do you mind?" I ask Henry for permission. "Of course." He grants me permission as I grab his waist. Ever since my encounter with the wizard, my powers had changed. I didn't have to focus as much on what I was doing, Instead, I could just do them. 

   The "Familiar" surrounds me as I fly into the sky. I create the field around us so we aren't visible to the naked eye.  I had to find somewhere no one would find us. I remember a abandoned warehouse that me and my old friends would go too. It was about twenty miles north. I tighten my grasp on Henry as I increase my speed. I'm going super fast at this point. I make sure that Henry is safe as I go. 

   It doesn't take long before I reach the warehouse. I slow down my speed and slowly glide myself and Henry to the ground. The "Familiar" around me fades as I reach the ground. I land us outside the warehouse doors. The large metal door face in front of me. I let go of Henry and look over to him. "I need you to stand back." 

   He walks back as I stand, facing the doors. I raise my hands as I focus my energy on them. The familiar surrounds just my hands as I get ready to use my power. The blue and yellow light, that I now see clearly, surrounds my hands.  I already know that I have telekinesis, so this would be easy. I focus on the doors and my "Familiar" forms around them. I crush the doors with my power as they crumble to balls of metal. Letting out loud screeching noises. 

   As I set the balls down, I hear Henry mumble a small "Wow." I look back to him and smile. "Come on." I start towards the warehouse as Henry follows close behind. There is tons of empty barrels, perfect. 

   "So, go on. Try something." Henry laughs as I roll my eyes at him. "Well I have no idea where to start silly." He smiles. "Just wave your hands or something." I look back at one of the barrels. I walk up to it and hold my hand on it. I focus on my energy as It enters the barrel. The barrel starts to change its form as I think of something random. The barrel starts to make weird noises as it changes. I close my eyes. The thing I am now touching changes texture. It is soft and seems to move. It lets out a small meow as I open my eyes. A adorable cat is in front of me. Apparently I have the power to change anything into, well anything. Reality warping some might say. 

   We spend about an hour changing the barrels into random things. Henry wants food, so I try that too. I change one of the barrels into some MacDonald's. Henry is skeptical to try it at first, but as he does, he smiles and devours it down. without a second thought, I create a blanket. This time, I don't use a barrel. The blanket kind of just appears. As if it came from thin air. 

   As Henry goes to eat his second burger, a man in red spandex swings down from god knows where. "Now, now fellas. I know I wasn't invited to your picnic, but Mr. stark saw some energy waves on his big ol computer thing." I stand up as my energy rushes to my eyes. My eyes light up with a blue and yellow hue. "Who there glow stick, I'm not here to hurt you." I wave my hand behind me, signaling Henry to get behind me. "Who are you?" I ask, having a stern look on my face. "You don't know me?" I give him a confused look. "Should I?" The man puts his hands on the back of his head. As if he is annoyed. "Come on dude, I'm spider-man." Henry lets out a laugh behind me. "What's so funny?" I ask him. "That's spider-man! You know, one of the Avengers." I look back at Spider-Man in shock. How didn't I notice? He must have a different suit then I remember. I guess my protective side kicked in.