Arrange marriage

It was a pleasant day, the raindrops were playing with the road and the roads were empty. A car was moving to the destination and the surrounding was saying that it is a forest.

Two people were sitting inside the car. The man was wearing a white t-shirt and a black jacket over it and jeans. A girl was sitting with him and she was wearing a saree and the Heena on her hands was saying that she is a newlywed bride she was looking outside and looking gorgeous. Man looks at her and smiles because the girl moves her hand out from the window and plays with the rain. Suddenly the car stops. The girl looks at the man who was trying to start the car then he saw from the window that the tire is stuck in the mud.

Girl: what happened?

Man: the tyre is stuck in the mud.

Girl: now?

Man looks around.

Man: let me try to push it. You sit here.

Girl nods. The man gets down from the car and tries to move the car but no use. The girl was looking at him she comes out.

Man: Avni, why did you come out. You go, I am trying.

But she starts pushing the car. Man smiles and he also start pushing the car. They stop and panting.

Avni: Neil, It will not come out. We have to think of something else.

Neil: the weather is not good, we have to find some shelter before it starts raining heavily.

Avni: but where will we go?

Suddenly the heavy rain starts. They frown and looks here and there. Neil saw the shops as now they were in the commercial area.

Neil: Avni, let's go there. (Neil points at the shop.)

Avni nods. Neil removes his jacket and covers Avni with that.

Neil: let's go.

They were going. Avni saw Neil is drenched so she tried to cover his head with the jacket. Neil saw that and holds the jacket over their head. They came under the shelter of the shop where they clean themselves. Neil saw that Avni's saree is sticked with her and she is shivering because of the cold. Neil lost to see her then he saw that she folds her hands because of cold she sits with the shutter of the shop and hugs her legs. Neil instantly covers her with the jacket. Avni smiles to see that. Neil sits beside her. Avni saw that Neil's lips are trembling she thinks and hesitation was clearly visible on her face. She moves to Neil and covers them with the jacket. Neil saw her and smiles. He moves to her and they feel a shiver when their cold arms touched as it was the first time they are sitting close to each other.

They enjoyed the weather. Soon, Avni felt her eyes heavy and she sleeps and slowly her head rests on Neil's shoulder. Neil looks at her and in sleep Avni intervene her arms in his arm and sleeps. Neil smiles to see that. He kisses her forehead first time. Neil holds her hand and kisses that. He looks up at the sky.

Neil: thank you, Dadu, for this wonderful gift. It is the best gift that I ever received in my life. Thank you.

Neil's pov:

It's been a week that we got married. One month ago, I came back to India after completing my studies but I did not know that my life is going to take a 360-degree change. Suddenly just after two days, my Dadu had a heart attack and his last wish was to see my bride, my wedding. I did not know that he choose a girl for me and wanted me to get married. When he asked me to fulfil his last wish I could not deny that but I was upset, obviously, anyone can be upset in that condition. The doctor said that he does not have much time anytime he will have a second attack but Dadu put a condition that he will be ready for the surgery but after my marriage. I did not have any other option so I accepted his demand. I went to Avni's home with my grandmother, mom and dad and when I saw Avni, I lost, I felt like the world freeze for me and suddenly Dadu's wish became my choice. We tell them about Dadu's Condition but I felt bad to hear that Avni's exams are running but for Dadu, she got agree to the marriage in that shorter period where we even did not know anything about each other except the name. I assured her that our wedding will not affect her studies she can go to give exams but I knew how hard it will be to study that too during the functions of your own wedding. She must had some dreams but she sacrificed them for the Dadu and at that time the respect for her increased in my eyes and I felt guilty. I did not want any function but who denies Dadu so we got married just after a week of the meeting, with all the functions and rituals. I wanted to know Avni but she was preparing for her exams so I did not disturb her even on our wedding night she was studying as the next day it was her last exam. She was revising her notes and I was admiring her natural beauty by laying on the bed and she was sitting by resting her back to the bed. After two days of our wedding, Dadu left us. I was heartbroken and our relationship was just like a newborn baby I so badly wanted her support and she supported me and family but there was a clear gap between us and I knew why it is. I can not blame her she needs time just like I wanted. Now we are on her honeymoon as our family send us here forcefully so we can know each other. Spent time with each other. It is the first time when we are this much close to each other and I am enjoying it. I accepted our relation with a whole heart and also I admit that I could not find a better partner than Avni and for that, I will be thankful to Dadu throughout my life.

Short Stories of AvNeil जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें