Chapter Seventeen - Desiderium (2nd Year)

Previously on Redamancy:
After the conversation, Sirius left his brother standing there alone. He walked up the stairs towards the Gryffindor common room. This was what he was used to.
"Happy Birthday to me."

Chapter Seventeen - Desiderium (2nd Year)

December 23, 1972

The boys were causing quite a ruckus, as they always did.

Professor McGonagall stood close to the wide and principal entrance to the castle, her wise eyes focused on the second year group of boys that had caused her many headaches since they had first stepped into the castle. She had been the one to pair them all in a dorm together which had been quite the talk amongst the rest of Hogwarts staff. Dumbledore himself had taken his time to send witty and amused remarks towards McGonagall about her brilliant choice in pairing up the most troublesome boys together.

The woman caught herself smiling, those boys had found something precious in each other and being completely honest, she was more than curious to see what each of them would end up doing after Hogwarts.

"Mina?" A soft voice interrupted her thoughts, making her turn around slightly, a bright smile already taking over her features, already knowing who had called out to her.

"Poppy."

They both smiled at each other, Poppy moving to stand beside McGonagall. They stood close to each other while watching their students run towards the train, afraid of missing the opportunity to jump on the train that would take them back home.

***
"James!" Sirius yelled, shoving James away from him, delighted laughs escaping his lips while he ran towards the compartment they had claimed theirs a year ago.

"Merlin Black, where the hell are your manners?" James huffed while placing his glasses back on his face, Sirius had shoved him with such force that had sent his glasses toppling towards the floor.

He picked his glasses up and felt someone pat his shoulder lightly, a cheery laugh following.

He turned his back, meeting Remus and Peter, who were both trying hard to keep their laughter at bay. James rolled his eyes again, huffing, pretending to be offended and kept walking.

"They'll never stop, will they?" his ears caught Peter's voice.

"Come on Pete, it's James and Sirius, I don't think that's possible," Remus said.

James smiled to himself and started running, ignoring his friend's loud protests. His laughter caused some students to open their own doors, popping their heads out and shaking them when they saw it was only James Potter running away from his friends. He stopped in front of his own compartment, breathing heavily and dropping the trunk beside him.

"Oh! You're finally here," Sirius perked up, he was previously sprawled over the seat, his stomach facing downwards. He looked bored, making James' lips tugging upwards, a charming smile taking over.

"Oh no, not that smile," a voice muttered behind him.

"Come on Remus, you know you love me," James glanced over his shoulder while placing his trunk over the seats. He winked towards Remus, making everyone else snicker.