Eight

Dylan

After Imani locked me out of her bedroom, I laid out on the bed in her guest room. My phone vibrated and it was Kaya. I exhaled sharply before reading the messages.

Kaya💕
Dylan we need to talk about last night?
Hello
The test was positive.

Kaya, look we haven't had sex since last year and there is no way that is my child.

Please stop trying to communicate with me.

Kaya💕
You're the only person I've been with and we were together all quarantined.

We had sex ONE time Kaya! That was it. Once since last year, that isnt my child.

Kaya💕
Wow.
I can't believe you're treating me this way.
After everything we've been through.

We were just fuck buddies, thats all.
You told ME that.
You said I just want sex when my man is out of town.
And my dumbass agreed to it
Leave me the hell alone

Kaya
Well I have my first check up next week.
You need to be there

I am getting a paternity test.

I locked my phone and kicked over my dufflebag. I am such an idiot. How can I possibly explain this situation to Imani.

I remembered calling my manager and telling her to schedule a test, while getting some advice. Long story short, she told me to go fuck myself and yeah.

__________

The next morning arrived and I woke up to eggs and bacon. I stretched before turning to see an empty spot. Of course, Imani is a detective, it's impossible for me to keep anything from her. I know she went through my phone and is upset. I slipped on my shorts before walking downstairs.

As I got closer to the smell, I heard laughing. I entered the kitchen to see Doja Cat and Imani talking. The girls notice my presence, causing Doja to meow loudly.

"Dylan you knew I was here? Is that why your shirt is off?" Imani's friend taunted. I cleared my throat before ignoring her comment. If I was going to win over Imani I have to steer clear of all obstacles. Including THEE Doja Cat, although she is extremely attractive.

My eyes are for Imani Chanel Banks.

"No, I wasnt aware." I responded, causing her to smirk and look toward Imani, who was fixing me a plate. I walked towards her and kissed her forehead. I pulled out the barstool, sat down and waited for her to join me.

Doja sat across from me and eyed me. I avoided her eye contact to the best of my ability and silently praised when Imani sat next to me.

"So what time are your studio sessions?" I asked her biting into her amazing meal.

"Nine thirty and ten forty-five, I'm already ready I just have to wait for Paul." She responded taking a bite of her omelette.

"I can drive you there, so you wouldn't have to pay anything." I offered, she smiled dryly before sipping her orange juice.

"No Dylan, I wouldn't want you to do that. I am pretty sure you have plans today." She implied. I checked the calendar on my phone and I was free.

"Nope, clear schedule." I said happily, showing her my screen. She chuckled before getting up, taking her plate to the sink and rinsing it.