Chapter 36 : coffee

I collected my things, but then looking around the still rather messy flat I put my things down on the sofa. I was going to stay at Taehyung's for the time being. I changed into comfortable clothes, took one of his sweatshirts and took my handbag before exiting the flat and locking it.

I still hadn't answered Johnny. I thought it was weird that he contacted me right after Taehyung left, knowing how he always hated my relationship with Taehyung. But then maybe it's just a coincidence?

Driving to the dorm, I kept thinking about it, thus almost passing a red light. I didn't know if Johnny still had feelings for me, I hoped not, it made me very uncomfortable.

I hadn't hang out with Johnny since I started dating Taehyung, even before, we have barely talked until now.

Why all of a sudden?

I parked in front of the dorm and opened the gate.

"Noonaaaaaaa!" Jungkook rushed to me, a wide smile on his face.

"Hi." I shyly said. Seeing BTS brought my mind back to Taehyung, only Taehyung. He was probably on his way to KTX Ulsan station by now... I brought my hands, covered with the oversized sleeves, to my face. I loved the smell his clothes carried.

An arm around my shoulders made me jump. I looked up to see Jungkook smiling.

"Come on, we're gonna enjoy tonight, then we'll send pictures to Taehyungie hyung!"

"Ahhhh, Kiaraa, I'm so happy to see you!" Jimin walked over and hugged me.

"Happy to see you too, Jiminah."

"You know, the trial is going to be okay." Jimin assured, stopping me, hands on my shoulders. I looked away.

"You don't know that. These people, they're rich, all they care about it money. The lawyers warned us that they can turn into and hire criminals to make sure they get their money."

Jimin lifted my chin, forcing me to look into his kind eyes.

"Hey, Kie, it's okay. Taehyungah is protected, Dispatch is going to get dissolved and punished, their assets will be frozen. It will all be over really soon. And you'll be able to even go public with Tae?" He smiled as he finished. Jimin had always been so supportive of us, sometimes a little too much. I smiled his way, although I still had this weird bad feeling. "Come on, don't worry too much." He pulled me into another hug to which I responded.

I sighed deeply, trying to calm myself. It's going to be okay. I tried to convince myself.

Tried...

Jimin pulled away and lead me to the living room where Joon Woo and Jungkook were sitting.

"Ahhh, Kie!" Joon Woo waved my way.

"Hi, Joonie."

I was about to say something when my phone rang. I looked down and smiled broadly as I saw Taehyung's name on my screen.

"I- guys, I'm so sorry, it's Tae. He must've arrived at the hotel. Do you min-"

"Answer!!" The three cut in unison, smiling, and I bowed, exiting the room.

"Hey! Are you okay? You're not too tired?" I asked, sitting on the chair outside.

"I'm good. Told you I'd keep you posted." I could feel him smile. "Today was the worst day to leave wasn't it?" He chuckled through the phone and I hang my head down.

"Mmm. I just really want you to be safe."

"I wish I could hold you, and tell you that it's all going to be okay, Kie. Don't get too worked up."