FOUR

Charles...

There is silence, for seconds before someone comes into the room.

"Dominic?" I tilt my head as he walks up to my desk. His thick brows are knitted in anger.

"Charles what the hell do you think your doing?" He asks, lowly. He moves to close the door. I hear Aaron trying to get some answers out of me, but I just tell him I'd call him back. "And its Agent Zela to you."

I put the phone in my pocket and got up to face him. "What are you doing here?"

"Dont play games man," he said, "I know you've been looking at the Russo files."

"And that is not a crime."

"No, but neither of our bosses wants you lookin' at them!" He semi yelled. I sulked down with guilt. "I thought you were gonna let us handle this."

"Its not about that anymore." I said quickly, "he reached out to me. To me. He had Aaron's picture!"

Dom sighed and places his hand on his forehead, blocking an invisible sun.

"He's not in the country yet. He hasn't been seen here, your fine. If you have that much doubt in us, go into witness protection. You've seen some shit."

"I'm more disappointed that he hasn't been seen yet." I said, and shoved his hand off my shoulder. I walked out of the building entirely.

My leg was alive and beating. My heart was pacing. I couldn't do anything then. I didn't think I wanted to.

A black Chevrolet drove up to me and rolled down the window. It was Aaron, still in his uniform, with a sad face. I couldn't bare to see that on him. He got out of the car.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, as I went to lean on the car next to him.

"Dominic Zela came by... he's pissed. I asked Kip to check the files again, but they're denying access. I cant get anything new." I huffed.

Aaron brought me into his arms, as I tried to breath as calmly as possible. I relaxed under him, but even his love wouldn't be able to cure this distress. I was powerless. Russo was giving me a warning, but I couldn't do anything.

"If you don't trust the CIA, then what about DEA? What are they doing?" Aaron asked.

"Russo wasn't on the top of their list, and isn't now. They're still working on what they were two years ago."

Aaron hummed in response. I shifted so that Aaron only had one arm around me. Whenever we were like this, I always felt as if I were back in high school. When I would lean on my boyfriends car and he would yell out to his delinquent friends while taking a drag.

I looked up at Aaron while he scrolled through his phone, not noticing. Yeah, I guess I did have a type.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Aurora?" I answered, hopefully.

"I'm on my way to New York. Charles, you better have a deal ready for me when I get there or else you'll be paying for everything!" She demanded, but I could care less about her cold voice.

"Yes yes, done. What are you going to be doing?" I asked.

"What I do best," she said, I could hear the smug smile rolling on her cheeks. "Giving a man what he wants."

I chuckled and hung up. I knew the chances of cutting a deal with the director or even our supervisor was going to be thin. But I'm willing to bet my job on that deal, because I know that Russo will be back.