Chapter 27: Shattered glass

(•‿•)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The frame of the woman drops from their hands and the takes impact from the ground causing it to shatter.

Frantic, both of them quickly kneel to the ground to pick up the broken glass shards that splayed on the ground not even bothering to open the lights.

But in no time a series of heavy steps seemed to be heading their way.  Only to be getting quicker and quicker and in no time the door had slammed open.

It was loud.

A moment of silence the three met.

It was... deafening.

So...shattering.

A heavy breath the two heard and looked up and was immediately taken aback.

Tears.  Gently but quickly falling down from his face.

Warm tears we're pooling in his eyes, some streaking it's way down, cascading softly on his face.

His pupils were dialating, looking at the broken glass that scattered on the floor.

Ocean eyes then scanned the room in search for context of what was happening.

Only for his eyes to widen once more when he found the box he sealed to keep safe after he moved opened.

But he wanted to know.

He wanted to know what framed photo they dropped.

And not long after, he had found a picture of his mother on the floor.  Strayed from its wooden frame.

His surroundings suddenly come to a blur, slowly morphing to a place he never wanted to go back to.

A place where he had been tortured for many years.

A place that had ruined his childhood.

A place where he had been separated from his sibling he no longer remembers.

And most importantly,

A place where his mother's death took place in.

His gaze fixated on the woman's photo.

He remembers the terrified screams and the shouts for help that resounded throughout the house and probably the whole neighborhood.

He remembers having to hide frantically in a cramped closet and watch his father grabbed a gun from a kitchen drawer.

He remembers running after him to stop the foreseeable death his mother would face only to be the one who was being pointed with a gun to his head.

He remembers his sister pushing the gun away from his head replacing him and their mother crawling out of the room quickly moving to come aid her children.

He remembers every single detail.

To the gun that was once pointed at him, switched to his sister and finally his mother, the trigger clicked.

The sound of the revolver and the look of blood splattered on the walls.

And to the sound of the door being knocked down  and his father being held-captive.

He was pulled back to reality on his own, he doesn't know how or when.

But one thing he noticed was when the two started to approach him and stretched out a hand in a way.

Out of pure emotion and lack of logic,  he had slapped the hand away. 

He looked up and forward,  levelling his gaze with green and brown.