john shelby ( fluff )

I woke up to the sound of rain. I got up carefully from John's grip and went to the window. I watched as the droplets fell from the sky. I've always loved the rain , it makes me feel safe and almost content.

I felt a familiar arm around my waist and turned my head to see John behind me. I turn my head back around again and were both facing the window together. He rests his chin on my shoulder and kisses it lightly.

The day goes on and the rain hasn't stopped once. I flick through the newspaper and stop on a specific page. It read ; ' storm to happen throughout the week. Be careful amd stay inside as much as possible'
This scared me slightly as I hate storms. I hated the thunder because when I was little my mother and father would laugh at me when I got scared of it and it's stuck with me till this day.

I made my self some tea and carried it carefully upstairs. I placed it down on my bedside table and picked up my book. I started to read it when I heard the door shut downstairs. I knew it was just John so I carried on reading.
I heard footsteps and saw John walk into the bed room. " alright my love ?"   " yea thanks. How are you "   " not too bad "  He gave me a peck on the lips and I carried on reading.

We were now lying in bed in silence. I was reading and John was doing some work. It wasn't uncomfortable silence but it never was between me and John.

Loud thunder suddenly erupted outside and I jumped throwing my book down and hugging John tightly.
" hey its ok my love. I'm right here ok " I nod my head unable to speak.

This went on for another 10 minutes and it didn't get any quieter. John kept his grip on my body and whispered comforting words. Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up again and all I could hear was the rain again. I look up to see John smiling down at me. " you ok now " " yes thank you " I replied smiling.

" John "  " yes beautiful "  " can we go dance in the rain. " I asked with a huge grin on my face. " I thought you didn't like storms. "  " no it's just the thunder " " I don't want you getting a cold my love " " is that a yes. Omg thank you "  I jumped up and ran down the stairs " hey I didn't say yes " i kept going and quickly ran out the house. I put my arms out and let the rain fall down on me.

" y/n I'm being serious I don't want you getting sick"  " oh come on have a little fun "  I walked to him and grabbed his arm pulling him with me.
We both looked into each others eyes and wrapped our arms around each other. We swayed back and forth and enjoyed the night and the rain.