| chapter 9 |

This chapter has a few different POV from the other characters just incase you get confused.

It's been another two weeks since me and Minho had been together. Ever since then he's been nothing but the best. I love him so much. He comes straight up to me after he's finished his run through the maze and kisses my cheek to let me know he's safe and sound. He sits with me and makes sure I eat all my food and cuddles with me when we go to bed. He's perfect.

It's also been a whole month since I've been here. Which means another greenie. I'm excited I'm no longer the greenie anymore not that many people called me it anyways apart from Gally to get on my nerves.

I heard the loud beeping noise which startled me. Minho is in the maze and told Newt before he left to make sure the greenie knows the rule. I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness.

Everyone crowded around the box. Newt coming up next to me "You ready to give the greenie the tour?" He asked me with a smile. "Yes" I exclaimed excitedly and Newt chuckled at me. I was excited to meet the new greenie though I hope it would be a girl I don't think it will be. Who knows maybe they are sending girls up now instead of boys.

The box came to a stop and a few boys helped open the box to reveal a frightened boy with brown eyes and brown hair, he was quite attractive but nothing compared to Minho. His hands were above his eyes blocking the sun from him. He stared up at all the people surrounding him cowering in the corner. I know he's scared. I remember what it felt like to be in there and I don't want to experience that again. We all know what it's like in there so we know how he's feeling.

Gally who was beside me jumped down in to the box startling the greenie. "Day one greenie, rise and shine" Gally says while dragging him out of the box and throwing him in front of my feet. The greenie looks up to me and I smile down at him.

Everyone chattering about what sort of job he will have. All laughing at his panic state. I rolled my eyes at them. Boys. Before I can say anything to him he's off. Making a run for it towards the open doors. Exactly like I did.

All the boys cheered at him "Oooo we got ourselves a runner!" Zart shouted laughing. He seemed to be running really fast. He would make a good runner I thought, that was until he tripped over his own feet and face planted. He then stood up as he seemed to be taking in his surroundings looking at the four walls trapping us from the outside world.

After the whole greenie making an escape he got thrown into the slammer. I went back to my job at the medjack while I waited for my call from Newt to show the new greenie around. I stitched up a few slicers and of course cleaned Gally's cuts. I'm used to it a this point. I honestly don't know how he manages to get himself that badly cut. at least three times a day this happens.

I watched from a distance as I saw Alby and the greenie on the tree house looking over the glade. Just a month ago that was me.

Newt called me over to go see the greenie which I did whilst they were climbing down the ladders. Alby spotted me and smiled "Greenie meet Malia the only girl in the glade and remember the rule I told you about" he said to the greenie who nodded. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I feel like we are going to be great friends.