| chapter 16 |

Thomas and Minho lead the group through the maze towards the place they discovered a few days ago

Thomas and Minho lead the group through the maze towards the place they discovered a few days ago. I stayed behind. I've been in the maze before and I wanted to make sure everyone was safe. Minho hesitated a bit at first but, ended up letting me. Chuck stayed with me, holding my hand.

We stopped in front of an opening. We were all lined up behind the wall. Thomas peered the corner to check if there were any grievers. "Is it a griever?" Chuck questioned nervously.

"Yeah"

"Shit" Chuck said.

"Language" I scolded. That comment made Chuck laugh a little. I smiled at him.

"You take this, Chuck." Minho handed the key to Chuck.

"It's okay. Just stick with me" Theresa said as she was tying her hair up. Minho nodded at me. "You stay with them." Minho said and I shook my head. "I'm helping you guys." I said which apparently was not a good thing to say.

Newt, Thomas, Fry, Winston, Jeff and Minho all said no. Great. "I mean it Malia you stay with them." Minho said seriously. "Okay." I said. Im not going to argue with him. We just need to get out of here. Minho nodded and kissed my head before turning to Thomas.

"Once we get though it'll activate and the door will open. Alright, we stay close, we stick together, we get through this. We get out now, or we die trying. Ready?" Everyone gripped their weapons tight. "Here we go. Let's do this. Let's go!" Thomas yelled as we all joined in and ran with him straight towards a griever.

Everyone tried pushing the griever over the edge. The leg landed in front of Theresa making her swing her weapon at it but knocked the key from chucks hand making it roll away. "The key!" Chuck ran after it.

"Chuck!" I yelled as I raced after him. Theresa following. "Watch the edge!" Theresa yelled. Chuck just caught the key before it fell. He was dangling from the edge before me and Theresa grabbed him.

Two grievers were making their way up the walls as they saw Chuck dangling over the edge. Myself and Theresa pulled Chuck up quickly. We all fell back as the grievers came up right in front of us.

I quickly stood up and fought the griever shouting at Chuck and Theresa to go. "Run! Go, go, go!" I yelled.

Chuck shouted at the boys as they pushed the first griever over the edge. They all looked at the new griever that I was struggling to keep back. "Malia!" Minho screamed as he ran over to me. All the boys ran over helping me. Minho telling me to go with Theresa and Chuck. I did as he asked as now's not really the time to be stubborn.

As I ran towards Theresa and Chuck they were asking me about a code. I looked at the screen that was flashing red asking for the sequence. "Minho!" I yelled. His head whipped towards me. "The sequence! What is it?" I yelled.

He thought about it for a moment before answering me. "Seven, one, five, two, uh, six, four..." Minho yelled before he got cut off. I whipped my head towards him. "Nooo Minho!" I screamed as I ran towards him. Newt held his arm out stopping me from getting any closer.