| chapter 14 |

I woke up with my back aching from sleeping on the solid floor

I woke up with my back aching from sleeping on the solid floor. I look to my left to see Thomas gone. The slammer door was open which meant we can leave. Thomas must have went into the maze with Minho.

I get out and walk to the kitchen. I grab my breakfast from fry which was bacon and eggs. I spot Gally and Newt. Newt looked annoyed and sighed in relief when he saw me walking up to them. "Morning boys" I say with a smile. "Have fun sleeping on the floor?" Newt questions cheekily. I stuck my finger up at him. Newt gasps. "How dare you!" He says dramatically. I laugh at him. I see Gally's lips twitch upwards as he watches us.

I spot Theresa sitting by herself. I walk over to her saying goodbye to the boys and sitting in front of her. She seems suprised to see me sitting with her. "I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day. I was already mad and seeing Chuck get hurt made me more angry. He's like my little brother and I'm very protective of him. I'm sorry. I understand why you were scared, so was I when I first came here. The only difference is you have a girl here. Friends?" I question as I finish. She smiles and nods. "Friends" she agrees. "I understand why but I promise I didn't mean to hit him I was just scared to have loads of boys crowd around me. I was trying to defend myself and I didn't see Chuck there." She says sounding regretful. "It's okay I totally understand you but I promise no one will hurt you. Okay?" She nods at me.

"Do you want to work at the medjacks with me today? Jeff and Clint also work there but there really nice and friendly" I ask and she nods as we both get up and give our plates to Frypan and walk towards the medjacks hut.

"I'm Malia by the way" I say on our way out of the kitchen. "Theresa" she replies with a smile and I smile back as I link our arms. I feel like we will become great friends.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All through the day we heard loud noises coming from the maze. I got scared as Minho was out there. I would prefer to be with him then in here without him. I hope he's okay.

The blue liquid seemed to working on Alby as he was back to his normal colour and the black veins were disappearing.

All of a sudden, Alby shot up with tears streaming down his face. It was just me and Theresa in the hut at the moment. I rush towards him and put my hands on his face. "Hey hey hey it's okay, it's okay, it's me Malia" I say trying to calm him. He looked at Theresa and seemed horrified. I mean it's probably just because he doesn't know she came as he was stung so he's probably just confused.

Alby then just kept repeating that he needs Thomas, me and Theresa walk outside to see if he's arrived back from the maze. We see a massive crowd of boys and walk towards them.

Thomas and Gally are arguing. Not surprised. Minho notices me and smiles when he sees me and I smile back. Theresa tries to get the boys attention but nobody acknowledges her.