| chapter 15 |

Thomas and Theresa got thrown in the slammer

Thomas and Theresa got thrown in the slammer. Gally has everyone convince that they're the reason this is happening. Gally is like one of my best friends yet sometimes he can be a real douche. I tried talking to him but he won't budge. He says he's banishing Thomas and Theresa at sundown and we are either with him or against him.

Minho is sitting against the wall of the slammer with me in between his legs as he plays with my hair. Newt on the other side looking at his hands and chuck in the middle watching Thomas.

Thomas's head is laying on Theresa's lap in the slammer as he's still passed out. I think something might be going on between them but I'm not sure.

Thomas stirs awake and slowly opens his eyes. Theresa asks him how he's feeling before Chuck says something. "What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck scolded. I chuckled at him for being so serious and he glared at me. "Sorry" I say as I look at Thomas who's looking at us.

"What happened?" He asks confused.

"Gally's taken control. He said we have a choice. Either join him or get banished at sundown with you and Theresa." Newt explained.

Thomas groaned trying to sit up. "And the others agreed to that?"

"Gally had everyone convinced that you two are the reason this has all happened" I explain. Thomas looks at me with a guilty expression.

"Well, he's been right so far" Eveyone looked at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" Minho questioned.

"This place. It's not what we think it is. It's not a prison, it's a test." Everyone looked at him waiting for him to continue. "It's a test. It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us... and then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork." Thomas finishes.

"Sending them up into the maze" Newt confirmed.

"Yeah but not all of us" Thomas answered.

"What do you mean?" Newt questioned with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Guys I'm one of them" Thomas admitted. Looking guilty. My heart sunk. Gally was right. Ben was right. Alby was right.

"And so are you" he turns to Theresa.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We are now waiting for Thomas and Theresa to be banished at sundown. We have a plan. After Thomas told us about what he saw I didn't know what to think. At first I was mad and angry as they're the reason all my friends are dead. But, Newt gave one of his amazing speeches. He convinced me that this happened before the maze. They're different now. They're not the same people before the maze.

The only problem was that we have to get through Gally. Gally's one of my best friends and I don't want to go against him but I have no choice. I don't want to stay in this place when we have a real chance of leaving and getting out of this hell hole.

A boy was dragging an 'unconscious' Thomas across the glade, in front of Gally. Ready to tie him up to the pole. Theresa was held by a boy with her hands behind her back. While, Newt was at the side with me and Minho waiting. Chuck had gone to get some supplies we may need. Our plan must work.

"This is such a waste" Gally muttered, as Thomas got dropped to the ground.

"Gally. It doesn't feel right man." Winston spoke up. "Yeah what if Thomas is right. What if he can lead us home?" Jeff agreed with Winston. Gally scoffed. "We are home. Okay? Look at our glade. Listen I don't want to have to cross anymore names of that wall. This is our home." I understood where Gally was coming from. This is all he knows. But this isn't our home. Gally's just scared.

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Theresa spoke up.

"No. This isn't a banishing, it's an offering." Gally responded. Theresa was pushed into the pole as her hands were being tied.

"What! Gally?" Theresa yelled as she struggle trying to get out of the strong hold the boy had on her.

"You really think I'm going to let Thomas back into the maze after what's he's done! Look around you!" Gally yelled at Theresa while pointing around the glade. "Look at our glade! This is the only way." Gally says. I see Minho and Newt exchange glances as Gally continues. "And when the grievers get what they came for, everything goes back to the way it was."

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Theresa said loudly. Trying to turn to look at the rest of the glazers.

"You shut up" Gally demanded while pointing his sharp blade at Theresa's face.

"If you stay here, the grievers are going to come back. They're going to come back, and they're going keep coming back until your all dead." Theresa said completely ignoring Gally.

"Shut up! Tie him up!" Gally demanded. The boys who held Thomas stayed still and didn't move. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!" Gally demanded again.

The two boys picked up Thomas only for Thomas to elbow one of them in the gut and punch him in the face. Newt pulled out his machete and hit one of them in the back of the head with the handle.

Theresa kicked one of the boys in front of her as I ran over and untied her wrists with Frypan helping me. Minho stopped Gally from moving, setting the glade of his machete down in Gally's shoulder.

The six of us stood in front of the door with our weapons in our hands. Thomas at the front. "Your full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally sighed.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone who wants to come now's your last chance." Thomas said.

"Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare you." Gally said to the gladers on his side. Hoping to keep them on his side.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. Alright, I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. Okay? This place isn't our home. We were put here. We're trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that." Thomas finished his massive speech. Chuck was now by my side holding my hand and Minho at the other. It looked like Thomas's speech was making the other gladers having second thoughts.

Slowly, boys started walking towards us, joining us. Winston and Jeff apologising to Gally as they walked passed him to join us. Im glad. I just need Gally to come as well.

Half the boys left Gally's side to join us. Hopefully this would make Gally join us. "Gally, it's over. Just come with us." Thomas tried to reason with Gally.

"Come on Gally please." I begged. Gally looked at me. I knew he was scared but didn't want to show it. It almost looked like he was going to give in. Until he said "Good luck against the grievers." My heart broke.

I ran over to him and gave him a hug. He seemed surprised but hugged me back. "Please come" I said hopeful. He shook his head and I sighed. "Be careful. I'll miss you Malia" he said quietly. "I'll miss you too gal." I said before I returned back with Minho.

Everyone began running into the maze. I had one last look at the glade and to Gally before I turned and left. Not looking back. Minho grabbed my hand. And we left hand in hand. To freedom.