Daphne

*The day they were all leaving Lou's house*

Daphne's  POV

When we leave the building, the cab that I called is ready and we get in. We drive directly to the hotel and drop off a few things that we need for the week. I sit on our balcony and look at the people from above, as they run through the streets as if a herd of lions were after them or something. Rose is working on some new designs again and running up and down all the time. She gets so nervous when she's working. It's not like we have enough money for her to stop working, but she keeps going and going, even though it practically destroys her. I've already pointed this out to her twice and she actually thinks it's better too, but often it's just as if she forgets. And when I bring it up during work, she gets mad. She would never yell at me or even criticize me but then there is something in her voice that gives me goosebumps. So I try to ignore it until it stops on its own.

"Hey honey I go down to the lounge okay?" I say and am about to leave.

"Yeah yeah sure." She says absently and doesn't even look at me briefly. I go downstairs and look around. I feel kind of overdressed but that's nothing new. I don't need a special event to look fabulous.

 I don't need a special event to look fabulous

Rose crucially made this for me and I love it. I remember how we worked on the design together. We sat together in bed and cuddled. Whenever I wear this outfit I have to think about it. First it makes me happy but then sad, because times have changed and it's nothing like that anymore.

 First it makes me happy but then sad, because times have changed and it's nothing like that anymore

I sat down alone in that section on the white chair and ordered a glass of water. Next door is a small internal casino where many people are, but with which I want to have absolutely nothing to do. A man sits down with me and looks at me.

"Can I help you?" I ask him.

"Ugh, well no. I just enjoy the view."

"Alright, keep doing that."

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"No thank you, I'm waiting for someone."

"Oh, he shouldn't be kept you waiting." He says very self confident.