𝙲𝚑 𝟹: 𝙿𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟽- 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕

{Name} was currently looking at the telephone she had on her desk. She was holding the letter that had William Minerva's number in it. She picked up the old fashion communication device.

She pressed the digit and to her relief it started to ring. The only thing you could hear was the ringing, the slight music in the background and her quiet breathing.

She heard someone pick it up and heard a gruff voice.

"Hello?"

The receiver replied.

"Hello? Is this William Minerva?"

"No, this is his assistant. Are you Lady {Last Name} by any chance?"

"Yes... I am. I came to inform you...
That I would like to join you as an ally..."

Vincent, who {Name} didn't know, stayed silent on the other line. Norman had just gone out to do an errand with Barbara and Zazie, his bodyguard. Vincent was left to attend to his work until they come back.

"I understand my lady. However, my boss isn't here at the moment but I will inform him about your call. If you have any concerns, you may call to this number. As for your missions, My boss will assign them directly to you."

{Name} nodded at the other line and she heard the receiver hang up. {Name} looked at the letter again and read Minerva's deal.

"You will work under me as an assassin. Whether they are human or demon, your targets are dangerous people.

Please {Name}...
We may need your strength."

She stayed quiet, listening as the song in the background changed to another Frank Sinatra hit. She already was interested at the job, just like how Oyakata-sama assigned her to kill demons.

She wore her haori which was the only thing she didn't wash during laundry. She looked at the window pane and saw how the wind flowed onto her beloved garden.

It could've been nice if a few birds chirped, however she was alone. Isolation was her new companion after she stepped foot in these giant walls the lady she killed called home.

She swayed as the music that was playing in the background switched to new hit.
'Its been a long time..'

.
.
.

Vincent hanged up after saying all the information Norman has instructed to him.
He then heard the door opened and in came Cislo. He was carrying a sack that smelled funky. Vincent cringed at the smelled. He could only guess its demon meat for Barbara.

"Cislo, How many times did I tell you not to bring in raw meat inside boss's office!"

"I'm sorry! Its just that I heard you talking to the phone. Was that Lady {Last Name}?"

Vincent composed himself, avoiding the stench that came from the sack.

"Yes, it was."

"What did she say?"

Cislo asked.

"She said yes to boss's offer."