Chapter 21

After leaving Arnav to his thoughts, Eris left to deal with the rest of the Kingdoms, time was running out  and she needed to act fast.

She thought of the next kingdom on her list and sighed.

She had to visit the witches kingdom.

She raised her head, looking at the sky, her eyes slightly squinted. The sun was at its highest point, she noticed.

She huffed slightly before removing her eyes from the beautiful sky and continued her road, she has to think of how to approach the damned king, he was the epitome of disaster in her eyes. His eyes compelling you to tell your life while his hands reaching out to your soul, grabbing it before ripping it out.

Reaching his palace, she stopped and watched.

There was no one in sight. She found this unusual but she couldn't care less for what had happened within his kingdom.

In one motion, she slightly bent her right knee before jumping directly in the conveniently opened window to his office.

Hands raised with words forgotten on his lips, King Entuard stared at Eris's movements, she walked like she owned the placed, head held high, not in a cocky way, he noted.

Her long legs turned towards him, her hands slightly brushing her waist.

She moved like a feline, she truly did, her movements commanding attention without even trying.

She didn't even sit in the chair opposite of his, she walked until she reached his side, his cock throbbing painfully at the close proximity and her inviting scent.

"What is is that you want, Eris, I thought I made myself clear the last time you were here. You are never to set foot in my palace again." His voice while deep and threatening was quite opposite of what he was feeling.

She didn't answer, he didn't exactly expect it either. While his hate for her ran deep, his lust was even worse, it was quite anticlimactic. He was annoyed by the sheer power she possessed without even trying, he tried to subtly move his hand down to his trousers to adjust himself but the movement didn't pass Eris's eyes uncaught. She raised her hand as fast as lightning, pulling him out of his chair and slamming him against the floor.

His head while connecting harshly to the ground, also felt her thoughts reaching him without his will don't try anything. He was annoyed to say the least but his breaking point was feeling the heel of her shoe stomp on his lower region. That did it for him. He moved his hands with the intent of breaking her leg but before he could do anything, a voice from behind Eris stopped him.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you, Entuard." His head snapped up, trying to look behind Eris only to find nothing.

"What is the meaning of this? Infiltrating my kingdom, bringing King Ezra with you, is this your plan? To kill me and steal my kingdom in the cowardly way? I thought more of you, Alpha Eris." His voice turned to a scream, his body trembling and the air all around them started feeling heavy, his anger reaching all around them, grasping their souls.

And I thought you knew better, Entuard.

"You dare speak to me that way? After your failed attempt to rob me of my kingdom?"

I do not need your measly kingdom nor your useless power.

"I would also like to say, King Entuard, Eris did not need my help, I merely tried helping you but now I see that it is truly futile on my behalf ."

Eris didn't even look up from Entuard, she knew he was following her yet she decided not to acknowledge his presence, she wasn't open to any more heartfelt discussions with him.

Ezra watched Eris, his own thoughts turning dark, spiraling out of control, he couldn't help it. His possessiveness reached a new level over the last few years.
He only wanted two things, one, to be buried deep between her thighs , holding her trembling form and whispering in her ear everything he ever wanted to do to her and two, to kill all those bastards that watched her over the years with sexual interest.

But he could do neither, so he decided to stay hidden and silent but recently, he couldn't even do that anymore.

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice when Entuard got off the ground or when they finished their discussion, the only thing he noticed were Eris's eyes pulling him in and her hands motioning for them to leave and like the good vampire he was, he followed her.

What are you doing here.

Was the only thought that reached him, it wasn't even a question, it was more of a statement and he knew it.

"Well, love, I am truly hurt by your question, rather than it being, Oh, my lovely strong beloved Vampire, thank you for saving me! You decided to ask the most obvious question possible. Well I, for once, are not leaving you to roam the world alone without any protection. I do know that you do not need it but I also can't sit still and watch from afar all the things you willingly put yourself through." His words while being said in a joking manner, held some truth which Eris was ignoring for some time now.

She didn't answer anymore, she just continued walking, heading to the next kingdom, the Dragon's lair, a truly fitting name.

The air around them started feeling heavy, the weather while humid, was also extremely hot, which was to be expected, after all a dragons greatest gift is fire.

To reach the kingdom though, there were hundreds of twists and turns in the way, it was especially created that way so no one but the dragons would be able to enter the kingdom without needing an escort yet of course, Eris knew the exact way and the shortcut as well, the only problem was the vampire trailing behind her, his body wasn't made to resist such warmth, he was created through  ice, the exact opposite of what this kingdom was all about and that was troubling.

She moved her head to look at him and felt slightly confused.

He looked normal, he didn't look  even slightly affected by the burning weather they were in. While it didn't make sense, she had a hunch about what it could mean but as usual she kept her thoughts to herself.

A shadow loomed over them but a roaring sound made them look up.

"You always have quite the entrance, Azazion." Ezra was tge first one to react and with those words, the dragon dived towards them, his wings closing around him for a faster land.

His enormous form dropped to the ground, creating an earthquake around them, his nostrils huffing and his watchful grey eyes looking between them.

"Could you maybe shift so we would be able to talk like normal human beings?" Ezra's words were suddenly shushed by the sound of the dragon snorting.

He didn't understand at first but it dawned on him after a while, Eris couldn't speak and none of them were normal human beings.

"Alright, I understand." His voice low but there was a slight tilt to his lips.

Azazion lowered himself as much as he could, signaling for them to get on his back.

He didn't have the patience to wait for them to arrive so he decided to fly after them, making everything faster that way.

Carrying anyone on your back in his kingdom was an intimate action in general preserved for their soulmates but in this instance, his soul agreed with it and it could be seen as normal because he was only trying to help his friends out by offering them a faster ride, they were meeting him after all.

Eris and Ezra looked at each other before climbing silently on his scaled back, they knew the flight wouldn't be comfortable but they didn't want to offend him by declining his more than humble offer, he was their friend after all.