Chapter 4 (W)

Chapter 4: Tea Leaves

Wilbur was woken up by Tommy in much the same way as the day before. Yesterday they had gotten some cereals so Tommy could eat breakfast without Wilbur having to take him somewhere. Turns out, Tommy was afraid to go downsides alone and refused to eat until Wilbur went down with him.

Great.

Tommy was waiting outside the door as Wilbur got dressed now.

Wilbur should've known this would happen when Tommy didn't leave his side yesterday. His voice had gotten stronger yesterday too. But it wasn't full TommyInnit yet, unfortunately.

Thinking about yesterday, when Tommy has asked him about his unusual questions, he almost brushed him off like he always did. Avoiding the topic until he stopped asking. But then he thought about it more, and decided if Tommy was in as much danger as his dreams suggested, (which was a lot.) Then it might be good that he knows a bit more. Wilbur told him about it without fully telling him.

He's pretty sure now Tommy thinks he's addicted to some puzzle app game. Though he saw Tommy's eyes light up when he said he trusted his judgement.

A soft knock came from the other side of the door.

"Tommy, relax. I won't take long."

A small "okay" was muttered from the other side.

He hoped some of that info would help Tommy. Somehow.

Tommy had said that large entrances meant welcome. And Wilbur felt that it was right. He could just tell.

But who was he kidding, Tommy is hardly wrong. The kid is shockingly good at thinking abstractly.

Wilbur exited his room to find Tommy sitting on the floor outside his door. With his arms wrapped around his knees.

"Tommy? Are you alright?"

"What? Oh. Yeah, I'm better now." Tommy got to his feet.

"Let's go." He said walking down the stairs with Wilbur behind him.

Wilbur had gotten Tommy less sugary cereals. Cheerios and such. Little bit of home. Tommy enjoyed them more than any other food he'd eaten.

"Can we get rid of that doll now?" Wilbur asked. He was done with letting something that evil stay in the house.

"Yeah, yeah we can. I'd like to show you around the outside a bit."

"Cool."

Tommy held on to the doll as they went around. It was frustrating Wilbur, but he said nothing. Tommy showed him the empty garden first. Wilbur caught him mutter that Tubbo would've enjoyed the flowers that once grew there, he seemed angry at that fact for some reason. Next he showed Wil the trail to the well. It had blossoms on both sides and it was very pretty. The trail dipped down before going back up to a hill. It had a large puddle in the center, with a miniature stream running down the hill coming from it.

"Where's the well?" Wil asked. He stared into the reflection of the puddle

"You're looking at it."

"Wait what?"

Tommy rolled up his sleeve and dipped his hand into the dirty water, before pulling out a large wooden circle.

It must've been used to cover the well.