Chapter 11 (T)

Chapter 11: The Cat

That crazy old man's warning was enough to scare Tommy away from the door for a week. And for a week he swore Wilbur's nightmares got worse. Wil refused to talk about them, but he looked very tired and he's nearly constantly staring at the cracks in the walls.

He also drank a lot of water.

Tommy almost built up the confidence to call Tubbo, but it quickly vanished when he saw that Tubbo was streaming with Ranboo at the time.

This was the time when they usually streamed together. He thought about calling Techno or Phil but he wasn't feeling it anymore.

Dispite feeling- no, knowing that going to the other world was a terrible idea, he felt himself tuck the triangle under his shirt. Then felt himself slowly get out of bed and make his way to the little door.

Curse his thirst for adventure.

The tunnel was bright and glowy. Had it been this bright before? Tommy crawled through it slowly. His guard back up once again.

He made it to the Other world without a hitch, and went into the kitchen to see if his Other mother was there. She was not.

Tommy was glad.

There was however, a tray of biscuits and different pastries for him to try, along with a note.

"Dearest Tommy, there's a performance downstairs just for you. It's in old miss Spink and Forcible's apartment. (Where Fawn has been the past few days) I hope you enjoy it,

Love,

-Mother"

She was not his mother. And she should stop pretending she is.

Tommy ate a biscuit or two before heading outside and rounding the corner to the steps leading to the performance.

But before he got to the steps a black cat stepped in his way.

"Oh no, bad luck!" Tommy snickered to himself.

Somehow, the cat seemed annoyed.

"What's your deal ey? You don't have button eyes. You... Actually. You look a lot like the cat who followed us home last week. Are you the same cat?" Tommy felt crazy for asking a cat this.

"Yes I am." Said the Cat.

Tommy jumped out of his skin and backed up.

"What the f***!"

The Cat didn't react to this.

"I'm glad you have some sense of self preservation." He said. The Cat had a deep and slightly cocky sounding voice. It was almost soothing, but the fact that the Cat could talk made this moment anything but calm.

"What do you mean by that?!" Tommy's hand flew to the triangle.

"You don't really trust this world do you?"

Tommy shook his head.

"Well, that would make you smarter than most of those who came here."