Part 10

"Dad? You never call me dad? Only when you need something." Tony starts.

"Well Stark, I guess you could say I need something then." I begin, racing down the hallway and out the exit of the school.

"Anything kiddo, what is it? New phone, school trip, a car-" He lists.

"Spider Man." I cut him off. "He's my friend and he's in trouble." I run down into the subway across from school.

"What? Parker?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah Peter Parker. Your plane, I think, is going to be robbed, I don't know the exact details but I suggest you call Happy? If that name means anything to you? Peter told me to call him but he hung up on me so I thought I'd call you instead." I explain, hoping into a train.

"Where's Peter now?"

"He's at some warehouse in Brooklyn, but I doubt he'll be there long." 

"Okay, okay I'll send help but make sure you don't go anywhere near there okay?" He warns.

"Uh, yup, sure thing. Bye." I lie and hang up. I anxiously tap my foot as I wait for the train to get there. It was only 2 stops away but it felt like from here to the moon. The doors to the train thankfully eventually opened and I immediately ran out, I had never been a particularly athletic person but I think today I would give Usain Bolt a run for his money, pardon the pun. People on the street looked at me like I was crazy, but I didn't care. I didn't even know what I expected to do by following Peter there, I just had to know he was okay.

I stopped in shock, adrenaline still pumping through my veins. The warehouse Peter was at was destroyed.  This can't be right, surely not.

"Peter?" I call out his name. No response. "PETER?!" I panic, what if he was hurt? Or, dead? Was I too late.

Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eyes. A winged-bat creature stood up from a ledge and flew off it's perch. Quickly followed by a figure dangling in the air behind him. Peter.

Shit, well at least he's alive. For now.

I call Stark back in a panic, wanting to update him on the situation. "Peters gone after this bird guy, I'd say they're heading for the plane." 

"What? How do you know that?"

"I uh, may not have been that honest earlier. I may've followed him." I replied meekly, knowing he'd be mad.

"What are you thinking! You could get killed!" The exact response I expected.

"Chill out it's not like you're my father." I begin following in the direction Peter went.

"I am actually."

"Biologically maybe." I retort.

"Can we not do this right now." He spits. "I'm looking at the plane, everything seems fine, it's still on route. Are you sure it wasn't some other plane?"

"I honestly couldn't tell you. I kinda just got thrown into this, just try call the pilots." I suggest, beginning to feel fatigue set in as I run.

"It's an advanced security plane, there are no pilots." Of course there wasn't, I think. "Look, I appreciate this but I'm sure everything's fine. We would be alerted if something was wrong. I'll send someone to go back to help Peter but thats it. Just go back to Homecoming and stay out of danger."

"How'd you know homecoming was tonight?" I ask in confusion, wasn't like him to check up on the big events in my life.

"Because contrary to your popular belief I actually do care about you and take an interest in your life."