Part 11

It had been exactly a week since Homecoming, since that night, since that almost kiss.

And Peter had barely said 3 words to me.

At first I thought it was kinda cute, maybe he was nervous and felt awkward about how he had no idea what he was doing. But I figured he would be fine by now, apparently not.

I think back to this morning.

"'Sup Ned, Peter." I greeted them at their lockers.

"Hey, y/n." Ned warmly welcomed me.

No acknowledgement from Peter, now that was odd.

"Uh," I tried to ignore the tension I felt building up, "so I still haven't gotten around to watching that new Ryan Reynolds movie. You guys wanna meet up tonight or something? We could get pizza-"

"Rather not." Peter slammed his locker shut and stormed away.

"What the hell is his problem?" I snapped at Ned.

He was taken aback. "Uh, I don't know actually. He hasn't said anything."

"Well can you tell him to sort his shit out? He's really pissing me off at the moment." I crossed my arms.

"What do you mean?"

"He's been doing this for a week now, first it was just avoiding me but now he's mad at me? For some reason? And I have no idea what I did!"

"Okay, just calm down. Stop yelling at me." He moves closer to me.

"S-sorry Ned." I exhaled in frustration, running a hand through my hair. "He hasn't said anything to you, right? Nothing about... Homecoming?" I try to not go into too much detail. I'd rather him not know about the almost kiss if I can avoid it, given that it doesn't seem Peter and I were going to be a thing now.

"Why did something happen at Homecoming?" He questioned, excitement in his voice.

"N-no. Just, uh, that was the last time he talked to me." I covered my tracks.

"Oh." His smile dropped in disappointment. "Well no, I haven't heard anything. But I wouldn't worry y/n, it's not like him to act like this."

"It's almost like he's on his period."

"Too much information, but not a bad comparison." He laughed.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "But please let me know if he does tell you something. I'm just- I'm worried about him. I don't think I've done anything wrong, but, I don't know." I sigh.

"Of course, want me to slap him around a bit too?" He joked.

"That'd be helpful." I giggled. "I'll see you later."

What was Peter's problem?

The question spinning around my head all day. I couldn't pay attention to what I was studying, frankly math could wait. I thought everything was finally okay with us, even better since we admitted we liked each other. But no. 

Was it something to do with Spider Man? I'd seen on the news that he was back in his regular suit, Stark must've given it back to him. Was he stressed out because of it? Maybe Tony was giving him more responsibility now? But still didn't explain why he was only short with me, he was still fine with Ned and MJ? Why would he only take out his anger on me? Why was I letting him? 

What if he regretted telling me he likes me? What if he realised he doesn't actually? Had he changed his mind? If he had changed his mind I would rather him just be upfront with me rather than do whatever this is. This was agony.