Sequel + Explanation Chapter

The sequel to this book, Atemporal, is officially published! Please go check it out!

Explanation Chapter: Begin!

So, the aim of this chapter is just to explain and point things out that you may not have known/noticed! First, lets start with the basics! Miku's name!

Miku means 'a beautiful time'

I think you guys noticed this, but Miku, in this book, has had everything but a beautiful time - save for those few moments of happiness - but, just looking at his past, at everything that happens to him over the course of the book, you can see the irony in his name. Number 1 fact about me: I enjoy ironically naming my characters. This was also a spoiler, but, as well hidden as my spoilers are, it went unnoticed XD

Owens: it has many meanings, but the meaning that I chose for Miku was, 'young warrior'

In this book, Miku was a character that was built around the concept of 'fighting/suffering alone,' he was, as his name suggests, a young warrior, in his own right. This was also a slight spoiler/suggestion to what the plot was going to bring as it was meant to tell readers the Miku was a fighter, and that some shit was going to happen to him that will make him fight.

Now, as for the name of this book, Time limit, I guess it was a pretty obvious spoiler - Miku has limited time. Actually, I don't think its much of a secret that I was going to kill Miku in chapter 14, but I had become so attached to him that I just couldn't do it. I ended up writing chapter 15, in which I brought him back to life.

Next is the definitions in 'Part 1: limit'

limit is a pretty obvious one - this was setting the scene to how limited everything about Miku was: his time, his life, his mental state; it was basically 'how long until he breaks?'

Macabre; more specifically, Danse Macabre, was meant to show how closely entwined the path that Miku walked was with death. He was dancing with death this entire book.

The images in Part 1:

This signifies that Miku is being dragged under - he's beginning to drown in his memories and his mental state is getting worse, its also a cry for help, asking someone to save him before he drowns in the 'water'