⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 02 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

i'm editing this as the iran game is going on and i'm so very scared lololol. takahashi wont be here for the most part so please bear with me! the next chapter focuses on him :) demon slayer spoilers kinda i dont think so but ok its a scene in the anime

you finally fell asleep at 4 am, and it was because you literally exhausted the energy out of yourself. you paced back and forth, deciding whether to call him or not, and it completely mindfucked you. in the end, you folded the piece of paper and kept it between your phone and your case.

the sound of screaming blared into your ears, waking you up. waking yourself up by slapping your face lightly you walked out to the living room, understanding why hana would scream. the tv was on, as you turned it on last night while pacing around. demon slayer was on in background, and the scene on the screen was the one where there was the spider baby. she laughed at herself smacking her head and running her hand into her hair.

"crap, i must've woke you up. sorry bout that." she smiled. "you look tired, what's up?" she walked towards you.

you couldn't contain your excitement any further as you remembered what happened yesterday. "okay. okay. don't scream but... TAKAHASHI GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!" hana's eyes widened and her mouth shaped like an O. she was smiling and jumping around.

"show me, SHOW ME!" she jumped while holding your hand. you dragged her into your bedroom and you scrambled for your phone. hana sat not so patiently on the foot of your bed. her feet were bouncing on and off the carpeted floor while you were desperately trying to find your phone which you were sure was on your bed.

"why! hana, i can't find my phone!" you yelped in frustration.

"let me help you!" she turned around. "where did you last le- y/n you dumbass. it's on the table." she pointed to your bedside table, your phone stood next to the lamp.

"oh. my bad." you both exploded into laughter, hana laughing at your stupidity and you laughing on your own. you quickly grabbed you phone, peeling the case off. you waved the piece of paper in front of hana frantically. she let out an excited squeal and hugged your waist.

"oh my god! i need a minute. my best friend is dating takahashi ran. my best friend is dating takahashi ran! eeeeeee!" she said into your stomach.

"chill, i haven't even called him yet." you pat her head.

"do it! do it now!" she sat up, barely missing your chin. you nodded and started dialing. the called beeped for a few seconds before it went to voicemail.

"hey! it's takahashi. i'm probably practicing volleyball right now, so please leave a message and i'll call you back!" you were a uneasy and had trouble deciding whether to just hang up for leave a message. you turned around to hana nodding her head like a dog. you gathered up your courage to speak after the beep

"um hi! it's the girl from the snake cafe yesterday. you gave me your number in you cookie bag and i just wanted to say hi. i realized i never told you my name, it's y/n. well, call me when you can!" you said in a shaky voice. after hanging up hana started shaking the life out of you.

"ah! i'm so glad! you're gonna date a volleyball player! i can help you with the wedding planning!" she teased.

"hana calm your tits. where are we going today?" she just handed you her phone and directed you to hit the spin button.

"oh hell yeah. i haven't been there in years." hana celebrated.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

isetan was the name of the place you were going to. it was a marvelous shopping mall full of products from all over the world and delicious food. on the way to the mall, you had planned out the whole day together. you would shop for snack and drinks at isetan, go buy some mangas at animate, and then go have a picnic in yoyogi park.

when you got out of the car, your eyes widened. the exterior of the building looked old but the inside of it illuminated with lights that practically magnetized you in.

"cmon." you could hear hana's voice echo around you and you folllwed her inside. the cold air hit your face and you mentally praised yourself for using a sweater as your clothing choice.

you were still a little taken back as you missed this feeling. during the four years of your leave, not once did you come back to japan. there rush of nostalgia that came over you, and it made you feel warm. yes, you were comfortable at seoul, but now that you were back in japan it felt as if you were at home. you took a deep breath and smiled, stood in the middle of the mall.

"jesus christ, y/n! do you want to have a picnic or not." hana walked over and grabbed your wrist, dragging you along.

you made your way up to the seventh floor, where all the snacks and food belonged. your mouths watered and the smell of vanilla filled up the atmosphere.

"hana, how much money can we spend here again?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"i don't think i have enough money to buy mangas!" you complained. there were many bags of snacks in your hand while you looked around to find the volumes of your favorite mangas. you brought all 8 books of chaisaw man, and volume 34 of attack on titan. hana brought all 16 volumes of jujutsu kaisen, the best manga, self decided by herself. after paying for all the books you two headed for yoyogi park.

funnily enough, you haven't checked your phone all day. there would be a voicemail waiting for you.

"people don't appreciate picnics enough. it's literally food but in a nicer setting than a bland table." hana took a bite out of her matcha pocky. you nodded in response, mouth full of taiyaki. "wait. did takahashi ever call you back?

you swallowed before talking. "oh yeah. i haven't checked my phone at all." you unclipped your shoulder bag and got out your phone. after double tapping you saw a missed call from an unknown number which you soon realized to be takahashi's. you dialed voicemail to see if he left a message.

"hey y/n! sorry for not asking your name earlier. but, i don't remember putting my number in the cookie bag." you froze. "but well, it's nice to make friends. i'm free in the evening, so you can call me then if you want to. well, have a great day!"

you hung up and cocked you head to the side.

"what's wrong?"

"he said he never gave me his number." your head hung low. you felt hana reaching to comfort you when you picked your head back up. "but he wanted to be friends, so i'll call him back in the afternoon." you smiled.

"that's definitely progress." hana smiled back

rewind back to the men's national volleyball team

"ishikawa-san, did you put my number in the bag of cookies?" takahashi was setting back and forth with ishikawa. he smiled and nodded. "why?"

"she's cute, and she looks about your age. and i'm pretty sure she thinks you're cute too, so i decided to help you out. you can thank me later." he chuckled like a proud dad. "hey guys! looks like takahashi won't be getting just a gold medal." he teased. the rest of the guys laughed, knowing that takahashi finally realized his senpai's antics.

-

holy heck you're still here!
well thanks for reading this chapter!
i'll publish 02.2 tonight for tommorow, but chapter 3 is definitely posting tomorrow.
in 02.2 we see everything in takahashi's third person point of view btw :)
alright lovelies have a great day <3

we're no strangers to loOoOOoove~