⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 10 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

pls bear with me
using a touch screen keyboard sucks ass
okay changing the events just a bit
i'm turning chap 8 into chap 7 bc i do not want to write two uneventful chapters
okay let's go!
this chapter is most enjoyable with some snacks and a bottle of water, but if you're reading this at night and your parents are downstairs that's alright too.
let's go takahashi's pov :>

he hadn't talked to you for more than two full days since the kiss. practice was altered to take place from 8 to 11 because they wanted the athletes to rest for tommorow's game. the only reason he texted you was because you hadn't texted him, and he was scared to be too pushy if he texted you about the kiss. he knew he liked you, but he was still skeptical of the amount of feelings he had for you.

"yuji-san." he sat on the cardboard bed. nishida who was walking by peeped his head in through the door and walked in, sitting on the desk in the room.

"yeah?"

"have you ever... had a girlfriend, or liked anyone before?"

"i've had crushes when i was in high school and no i've never had an actual girlfriend. what's wrong with y/n?" he asked, knowing exactly who takahashi was talking about.

"i- wow, okay." nishida just laughed at how he caught on. "so basically the other day, i kis-"

"YOU KISSED HER?!" yelling out in happiness nishida held a fist to the air. "okay stop, i won't be able to help you from there, let me call in the love experts." he took out his phone and held it to his ear. "hey yuki-san, can you akihiro-san to my room please, we've got an emergency situation over here. yep okay, see ya." he hung and looked at takahashi who was looked at him with a you did this for what face. "what? i won't be able to help you, best i can do is be your hypeman."

"do you want me to continue it or should i wait for the two?" the door knocked as if one cue and nishida rushed to open it.

"okay okay what's wrong?" ishikawa took a look around as nishida dragged him to takahashi's room. "oh! i though someone got hurt!" he hit nishida' on the back of his head.

"ouch! okay ran, tell us everything, right from the start."

"what's going on?" yamauchi questioned but nishida shushed him.

"okay so," he took a deep breath. "something did happen the day i drove y/n back to her hotel." the three volleyball players sat down on the floor making takahashi shift down too, in order of respect. "so her pet died, and so she was crying pretty badly. i went to her room to comfort you and i guess we usually hug because we were basically attached in that moment. i told her that i would tell her a story and she nodded. i told a story about me when i was younger, you guys know this one it's the exploding poopy ball incident." they laughed remembering the first time takahashi had told the story, when he first joined the national team. "so i was watching her and i saw her get happier and happier and that's when i realized that i like making her happier, but not in a friend way like i would with you guys. i just want to cuddle her and everything. okay back to the story. so she laughed at my story and i realized i had to go because we were moving into here and she said she'd walk me out. so we're walking out and she tells me to kick ass and stuff like that. i asked her if i could take a risk and she said yes." they were staring at him, really interested in the story. "so i kissed her, and she kissed me back."

"was that your first kiss?"

"yeah, it felt amazing." the guys started getting riled up and they high fived and aggressively shook his hands.

"well now what's the problem?" they quieted down and listened

"the problem is that i'm scared. i'm scared that she won't like me even though she kissed me one more time after that. i'm scared i haven't known her long enough. i'm just scared. i mean i know that i like her, that i don't want to kiss anyone else, that i don't want her to kiss anyone else, and that i want to see her smile as much as i can physically possible. but i haven't texted her in two days and she hasn't texted me either and she seems pretty happy from her stories."

"you know, she's most likely thinking the same thing you are, and she's waiting for your text." yamauchi acknowledged.

"really?"

"yeah." with that said takahashi immediately took out his phone and clicked into your contact. "what are you doing?"

"calling her and apologizing for being an ass."

"i-" ishikawa was about to continue but you picked up.

"hey, can we talk?" he has nervously.

"yeah sure, what's up?"

"look i'm sorry for not texting you at all. i should have kissed and left you hanging like that. it was a really bad move and i hope you understand." takahashi practically bit his tongue waiting for a response. there was silence on the other line for a while before you spoke up.

"look hashi, it's totally fine. i just though you were practicing and didn't want to bother you, so i'm sorry too. but right now i should be the least of your worries. focus on volleyball, and after the olympics we can go out and talk about it. we're totally cool, don't worry about it." you reassured him, making sure he was in the best possible mental condition and that you wouldn't be a thought during his games. "i'm come cheer for you i promise, i'll be the loudest one there." you both laughed.

"thank you so much for being fine with it. i'll see you at tommorow's game. later then y/n." he said in a relived tone

"later hashi." you smiled and hung up.

both of had great sleep that night knowing the mutual feelings you had for each other were genuine.

-
hellooooo
so
after this book
i have planned a short kagehina angst book
and a suna bittersweet book
and if i remember someone requested a nishida book, and i'll get to that but idk when
and i just realized this was the first takahashi book in wattpad history
damn
i love you all so much hank you for 2k+ reads

oi __________________