⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 03 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

hello guys and gals and nonbinary pals.
if you're still reading, i love you.
okay on with the story!
short chapter because i was gonna divide these chapter into a 50//50 thing but it turned out to be 80//20

he wondered why the awaiting call was a bother in his mind. it tortured him that something so little had so much impact on his mind. he was worried if his friendly message had scared you, that you would think he was weird for giving you his number, even if it wasn't his doing.

the team was going to meet at nishida's apartment to eat dinner, and he was catching a ride in the homewoner's car. he shotgunned, with sekita and yamamoto sitting in the back.

"hey hashi, why do you look so worried?" nishida asked, turning to look at him for a split second.

"oh it's nothing." he lied, looking out to face the rain.

"did you call her back?" he spoke again. takahashi only hummed in return. "did she pick up?"

"nope." he said this time. "i'm not worried about that. i'm not interested in having a relationship. i'm just worried if i weirded her out because i said wanted to be friends with her, a complete stranger."

"you'll be fine, girls love making friends." yamamoto pat his shoulder.

"i hope so." takahashi sighed.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"this tastes so good." yamauchi shoved the meat into his mouth. after hanging out with the team, you slowly slipped from his mind, and he started to ease up. perhaps he was just too nice, caring for a fan's comfort. they were cracking jokes, with the occasional harmless teasing of the team's youngest member, and it made takahashi laugh. just as he forgot about the phone call, you called him (why).

"oh." he looked at his phone. the guys turned around to face him. "i'll be back." he walked to the balcony of the apartment and pressed the accept button before you could hang up.

"hey! sorry for not answering the first time you called." he started.

"it's totally fine, i got your voicemail, and yeah, i'd like to be friends too." on the other side of the line, hana was doing her best job as a hypeman.

"alright cool! i never asked for your age, but only tell me if you're okay with it."

"oh i'm definitely okay. i'm turning 19 in august." you answered him, smiling brightly since he couldn't see. "oh and correct me if i've said this already but good luck on your games!" he giggled in response, turning your legs into jelly.

"you have, but i don't mind getting cheered on. alright, i have to go, but i'll call you. it was nice talking to you y/n." he smiled through his words.

"it was nice talking to you too. later then." you said, back against the wall, butt on the floor.

"later." he replied in a cheery tone, and hung up. takahashi walked back into the small living room when ishikawa raised an eyebrow at him.

"so?"

"that was literally my first girl friend." he made sure to pause between the two words, so his teammates would go feral.

"wait really?" ishikawa asked, in shock.

before the young player could respond, nishida spoke up. "well my guess is, he was popular with the ladies his whole life and couldn't hold a conversation with one without them inviting him to a tree to confess their undying love for him."

"i hate to admit, but that was painfully accurate." he confessed, which made the team laugh. they now had a subject to talk about rather than volleyball and anime.

if we looked at what you were doing at this point in time, you'd be embarrassed.

-

that was such a short chapter i'm sorryyyyyyyyy ack-
n e gays thanks for reading pretty people
chapter 3 will be out tomorrow, or tonight, idk hah
love you all!

sawarasena-