⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 12 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

heloooooo
i'm finally 1_ (i'll leave that to your imagination)
this chap is short
i'm lonely but like being alone lmao
okaaayyyyyy on witth the story

"so yeah like takahashi is so cute, you know the other day he smiled at me? i could've just died right there and then." akuzaki babbled on, you two going over to fill up the water bottles. "you know, when i was in highschool, i was the manager and i had to do this a lot. it really makes me feel nostalgic. what did you do?"

"oh, well i ice skated since i was 3 until i quit after graduating high school." you started to fill them up one by one.

"oh that sucks." no shit "well i hope you quit for a good reason." you sure did. after finishing the bottles akuzaki slightly poked your arm. "hey can i have takahashi's bottle?" you were a bit taken back but gave it to here.

"sure." you smiled.

when they took a break you two got up from the side benches and started handing out water bottles. giving them out was the chance you had to have small talk with any of them, and you were a little upset that you didn't get to give the bottle to takahashi but you also wanted to see what akuzaki would do. you were conversing with yamauchi when you heard her.

"takahashi-san! here's your water bottle water! you did great today!" she said in a slightly higher voice. you couldn't help but smile at how awkward takahashi was. you could feel yamauchi try to stop a laugh behind you and you turned around to face him.

"shh! don't laugh!" you whisper-yelled.

"sorry but it's so hard. she definitely likes him, and he definitely likes you. it's just so funny."

"aha, i'm not sure he likes me too." you laughed it off.

"so that means you like him right?" he smirked, knowing he drove you into a corner. you realized what he did and looked at him in a funny way.

"as a matter of fact i-" you we're going to continue the sentence but akuzaki had yanked you away.

"did you see that? he was so smitten when i talked to him. you know guys are awkward around girls they like?" she was slightly shaking you.

"yay, congratulations!" you clapped your hands in a sarcastic way that she wouldn't be able to catch.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"say y/n, do you want to go out after this? like a girl's afternoon?" akuzaki asked in a sweet tone.

"ah, no thanks, hana and i have something to do already." you smiled. she shrugged in a 'too bad' way and walked away. their practice had only took place from 8 to 11 because they wanted the athletes to rest in the afternoon. hana had booked a spa session for you both as it was clearly needed.

huge ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

over the next few days it was the same routine. watching the boys, filling bottles, getting to know them from small talk, and you even broke a volleyball on accident by digging your nails in. you made yourself comfortable with the rest of the crew and they started to grow on you. it's also happened to take place when your were with shimizu, and akuzaki was 'flirting with takahashi'. you two talked less over the past days due to you saying he needed to focus on volleyball more than yourself. he even started chit chatting back with her.

mini flashback

"oh, that's amazing!" you laughed. "yeah i'll-"

"oh my god you're so funny!" akuzaki cackled and hit takahashi's arm.

"akuzaki-san, it really wasn't that-"

"oh please! call me ayane." she smiled brightly. you couldn't deny the fact that it was making you a little uneasy because akuzaki was very attractive, but whoever takahashi makes friends with shouldn't be any of your concern.

"y/n!" hana ran over. "we need to sanitize the balls." she smiled at the last part, almost laughing at herself. you nodded and walked over to a happily chatting akuzaki.

"akuzaki-san, i'm gonna go clean the balls with hana, you finish your charity work." you snapped, leaving her confused before walking away. you passed a near laughing to death sekita and over to hana. she laughed as she heard you words and wiped the ball down. "damn, i mean i don't even have anything going on with him, and i'm already this jealous? i need to calm myself down." you vented to hana.

"i don't even blame takahashi-san. i mean he does have an image to keep and if he was mean or defensive who knows what akuzaki-san would do. just try to channel your repressed rage somewhere else."

"yeah, you're right." you picked up a ball. "i really should." you tensed up and clutched your fingernails into the volleyball.

"hey hey hey, not that-" the ball let out a loud sound before it deflating quickly. you heard a scream from akuzaki come out and rolled you eyes before turning your head to the many teams who stopped practicing.

"sorry for interrupting your practice." you bowed down. hana just laughed at you.

"don't turn around."

"i won't. it's the mega cringy pick me girl equivalent to an unflushed toilet." you continued to clean the balls.

end of flashback

today was the first day of the quarter-finals, and japan was going up against brazil. you had texted the players whose contacts you had good luck and met with fujimasu-san and the team.

"okay." she clapped her hands together. "today we have a really tough opponent so be sure to help out as much as you can. l/n and nakamura-san why don't you go sanitize this time, azumane's coming in late." you nodded and walked towards nakamura, a college student who taught you how to play with a yo-yo a couple days ago.

"alright, let's go." he said and you nodded. you had told him that you would clean the benches on the farther side, where brazil would've begun. you ran over and polished the seats just as the brazil team were rolling in. fujimasu had put your in charge for greeting the teams when matsu was late.

"good afternoon everyone, my name's l/n. good luck on the game today, and if you ever need help with anything please don't hesitate to call me over." you spoke in english. the players nodded and you finished sanitizing. you were about to walk back when one of the volunteers stopped you.

"hey! l/n was it? my name's lucas. how old are the volunteers on your side?"

"yeah, so the volunteers on my side are all 18 to 21, i'm one of the youngest, being 18."

"oh nice, i'm 19. today's gonna be fun huh?"

"yeah, you guys are huge." you laughed.

"thanks, well i just wanted to introduce myself, that's all."

"well it was nice meeting you." you both waved and you went to the japan team. "alright, good luck guys!" you smiled and walked away with nakamura once he finished cleaning.

soon after the game started.

-

bruh i've been so inactive i'm sorry
thank you so much if you're still reading this half dead book
i love you all and i hope you all stay hydrated and healthy.
<3

toji fushiguro 😩 (moans in chicken strips)