chapter 6

"Knock! Knock!" I froze in my tracks. Andrew was here to pick me up!

"Hi! It's great to see you!" i opened the door and we walked out to his camaro.

"I'm so glad Ryan is having this party" I tried to make conversation on the way there. We finally arrived to a neighborhood with very big houses in it. I spotted a house that was lit up with multi colored party lights. i could already hear the music and people laughing.

"We're here!" ANdrew smiled and took my hand. We walked in together and Katrina greeted us at the kitchen.

"Hi guys! Can I get you something to drink?" She asked perkily.

"Sure! Have you been here awhile?" I asked her, taking the red solo cup out of her hand.

"All afternoon actually! I've been helping Ryan with decorations" She gave a drink to Andrew too.

"Wow! The decor looks great! You have really out done yourself this time!" I was gawking at the amazing decorations when Ryan came in through the dining room door.

"What's up brotha?" He pumped knuckles with Andrew and took a cup off of the counter.

"Hey dude!" Andrew said back.

"HAppy Birthday Ryan! It's great you asked Katrina to come." I said

"Not only did she come, but we are dating now!" Ryan said pulling Katrina over by the waist. He leaned in and they kissed right in front of us! Then, we heard the doorbell ring.

"Ill get it. More guests are arriving!" Katrina hopped over to the door. As more guests came, the more i wanted to start dancing. Finally, the DJ starting playing music to dance to. Andrew stood up and pulled me gently over to the dancefloor and pulled me closer to him. The DJ played a slow song first. We swayed along with it and gazed into eachother's eyes.

"This is a great song" Andrew said.

"Yeah it is nice" I replied

"Maybe it could be our song" Andrew suggested. I smiled really big at the news.

"That-- That would be great!" I approved.

"So um do you want to hang out tomorrow? I've been trying to plan a double date with Ryan and Katrina."

"That would be fun!" I said. WE danced and talked the wole night. At about 2:30 we drove back to my place. He walked me up to the front door.

"Thanks for inviting me" I thanked him,"I had a great time tonight."

"Me too. Best date to a party ever." He chuckled. He suddenly stepped forward and leaned in. I did too, and we kissed.

--------------------

-I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my phone. It was Saturday and sunny outside. I got up and wondered what to do. I jumped when my phone started buzzing loudly and I picked it up. There was a number, but know caller ID. I answered abruptly,

"Hey, this is Hilary."

"Hey hill!" I smiled when I recognized the voice on the phone.

"Cody!? Where are you?" I asked him.

"Look outside..." He mysteriously whispered. I threw on some jean shorts and a tank top. I covered the tank top with a cropped shirt that said "U mad Bro?" And put on some Gold Sperry's. I carefully opened the clasped window to the balcony. There, I saw Cody standing below it.

"Oh my gosh! What are you doing?" I was almost speechless. He held up a basket and put it in a tin box that was tied to a rope. The rope was tethered through a pulley that hooked to the concrete edge of the balcony.

"I brought a celebratory picnic for lunch!" He replied cheerfully.

I tugged the rope and the tin box swiveled back and forth as it rose off the ground and made its way up to the balcony. I took the basket out and placed it on the ground. Cody climbed up the small rope ladder that folded back up into a roll when he made it up.

"Look in the basket" he urged me.

" Aww Cody! You didn't have to bring lunch for me! This is turkey and provolone with potato chips! How did you know it's my favorite?" I felt a tingle in my smile.

"What are we celebrating?" I asked him.

" I bought a condo here across the street!" He smiled proud that he could buy his own condo.

"That's great dude!" I said back. I felt weird hanging out with him since I was going out with Andrew. I didn't know what to feel, really. I hoped he didn't know about Andrew, or things would get awkward between all of us. I didn't want that to happen so i grabbed a blanket and we sat down on the balcony.

"Mmm.." I said as I crunched on my sandwich.

"Good?" Cody asked in between bites of his own.

"Mmhhmm.." I said with my mouth full. The summer breeze of California blew my hair back and a cloud uncovered from the sun. It was really bright now and it seemed like the cloud was there the whole time. I couldn't see as my eyes were still adjusting.

"Hey hill, I'm going home. Don't feel so good..." Cody said in a hurry. He turned away and jumped off the side of the balcony. I was scared because I live on the second floor and the balcony was high up. I leaned on the thick granite rail and watched him run across the street. That was weird...

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Sooo.... Wonder what happened to Cody?

Spoiler alert!! Cody has a secret.... Ooooohhh!!!!

Getting started on next chapter! Comment what you think!