Chapter 17:/

Sooo go read "my life in pieces' by shelbs129!!!! It's perfect and I'm in it, so read it!

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-//--/--/-/

Hilary pov

I woke up to the sound of clattering pots and pans and laughing. I realized I was on a leather couch. I was still at the Vamp HQ.

"GOOD MORNING, GOOD MOOOOORNING! TO YOUUUUUUUU!!!!" Dean bellowed in his sing-song voice.

"Woah... Why are you all cooking? Didn't you hunt?" I rubbed my neck from sleeping on the leather couch. My face probably looked like a crippled pickle... But whatever.

"Umm... Hello? It's yo birthday gurl!" He snapped his fingers like a girl from the hood. Sometimes I swear he is gay....

"Oh yeah! That's nothin' to celebrate." I muttered. I hated birthdays. I mean, I was born 18 years ago. Big whoop. There are plenty of people who would love for me to just die in a hole. But not these people. These people accepted me for who I am. I want to be one of them... But how do I tell Cody?

"Of course it is!" Cody came up behind me and gave me a hug from the back. He picked me up and carried me over his shoulder.

"Woah! Cody, you better not fart!" I said, keeping my head as far away from his butt as I could, upside down.

"Relax, I'll put you in a chair." He slumped me into a chair in the kitchen.

"Happy birthday!" Kendra set a large bowl of oatmeal in front of me.

"Happy Barf-day!" Brendan put orange juice in my glass.

"Mornin' " Maggie dropped a stack of waffles on my plate.

"We are here!!! We couldn't miss a party!!!" Tuscany bounced though the room. We had gotten close since yesterday, like sisters.

"I want you to meet my sister! Her name is Ashley." Tuscany gestured over to a brunette that had red eyes and purple eyeshadow. She was wearing white skinny jeans, a long blue top, and brown Uggs.

"Hello, I'm Ashley, but you can call me Ash or Pooh. Tuscany and Carson call me pooh." She looked at me funny as she greeted me, then glanced to Cody.

"Hey.. I'm Hilary, everyone calls me Hill though." I introduced myself, even though the air was stale about this girl. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, then start ringing.

--ring!--Ring!!!---

"Hello?"

"Hillary! I haven't seen you in ages!"

"Ohmigosh Daniel!"

" uh yeah! Don't you have caller ID?"

"Oh shut up"

"Sooo how's your summer?"

"Just peachy. Got robbed, kissed, broken, fixed, mom visited. Yeah."

"I didn't even get to see Helen!"

"Yeah she just got back from work. She left a few days ago."

"Mannnnnn, I love that woman. In third grade, she always gave me muffins."

"We'll, Daniel, it was nice talkin to ya, but I gotta go."

"Oh..." He sounded sad.

"I'll message you!" I hung up and walked back to the kitchen only to find Cody and Ashley locked in a bear hug.

The hug he always gave me.

The hug that made me trust him.

I let out a squeak and fled from the room. He saw me right before I ran out the door. I ran all the way to my apartment and slammed the door. Tearing up the whole way. I locked the door so nobody could follow me in. I tumbled into my room and let myself fall onto the bed. Sobbing, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I scrolled through pictures of us at the beach and the hq and IHOP and when we were in school. I let out a few more weeps and threw my phone at the wall. In dented it and I slumped back into my pillow. My mascara was all over my face and in my hair. The next thing I knew, I was asleep.

(:;):;(:;):;(:;;):;(:/):;(:;):;(:;):;():;):(;):((;:((:

"You make me smile like the sun!" My phone rang. I looked at it. Cody. I declined it and looked at my missed calls. 27 other missed calls from Cody. Jeez does he want to rub it in my face that Ashley is way prettier? I know I'm an ugly-ass chick, but that is just mean. She has like no arm fat and a thigh gap. And I have a pooch sitting on my tummy. Whatever.

#%^#%^#%^#%#^#%#^#%^#%#^<%#%#^#^%#^<>#%#^^<>#>#^%^#%#><>^#*#*#^^^*#*}^#%><€<*#**>*%€£<££#*<^<%#**%*^<^<*#*¥¥

Whatya think?