Chapter 3

I stood there in the doorway, mouth gaping, speechless, staring at the person in front of me. Finally I found my tongue and could speak again.

"Cody!!!" I ran and fell into his warm strong arms.

"Surprise!" He said, and hugged me back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, he moved to Florida over the summer to help take care of his grandmother with his dad.

"Well grandma couldn't be cared for any longer, we dropped her at a care home and she passed the next day. But not all is bad, we got all of her money and her house in Florida, we will use the house as a faction home, and as for the money, well, there is a butt load of it"

"I'm so sorry about you grandma, she was always so sweet to me when we were little" I smiled at the memory of the days we ran around the gardens between our houses playing tag, laughing and rolling in the warm summer grass.

"Nah I wouldn't be sorry, she was 92 you know." He said staring at his feet, hands in his pocket.

Cody was my first boyfriend. The bad part was that he was also my first ex. We still maintain a great relationship though.

"Guess what?" He asked me,

"What?" I smiled and pinched his cheek.

"I'm going to come back to your school!" He exclaimed.

I lead him into my room so we could talk more privately.

"That's awesome!" I said back. I still had a huge crush on him, so I was very glad he was back.

After we talked about school, friends, him learning to surf in Florida, and how we were happy to have each other's company, while we drank Starbucks, he left to help fix dinner for his two 6 year old twin sisters, Mariah and Ava-Rose. He also has a two month old sister named Brooke, but everyone calls her Boo, because her favorite thing to say is Boo!

We said our goodbyes and he stopped me at the door.

"Hillary" he said staring his blue crystal eyes into mine.

"Yes?" I said back, still lost in his eyes.

Before I could move, he held my waist and pulled me closer to his face and....

Kissed me!

When I woke from the daze, he had already left in his rusty old truck. I couldn't believe what happened. That night I couldn't get him out of my mind. I even dreamed about him!

The next morning, Hannah met me at school and I told him about Cody being back.

"Ooohhh do you still like him?" She asked.

"Yes!!" I replied

"Shoot!" She said, "I thought I would have a chance with him."

"Yeah whatever" I said.

Then we walked to first period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! I'm pretty sure this chapter is kinda short

But ah well, I updated. Should again tomorrow

Teaser: Lunch date next chapter.heheheh!