Chapter 13

Cody pov

"I... Am a vampire..."

Hilary pov

What? No... He can't... What?

Deans pov

Grr I totally wanted to see this go down...

Brendan pov

Maggie is so pretty...

Hilary pov

I'm in utter shock.

"What do you mean?" I blurted out, " your a va-vampire?"

"Yes.."

"Hahaha... Your so funny!" I was sure he was kidding. I mean, weren't vampires just a fairy tale? An old myth to tell at camp fires?

"I'm serious" he said with a straight face.

"If you are joking, Cody, I swear--"

"I'm not." He cut me off.

Cody pov

I knew she would react like this. It's not an everyday thing to find that your best friend is a vamp. She looked frightened.

"Don't be scared... I'm still the same Cody. I just live on blood now and I'm stronger." I tried to calm her.

"Blood?! Like human blood!?" She backed away towards the door. I quickly lunged forward and grabbed her hand.

"No, no, no, we hunt animal blood!" I explained. She relaxed a little bit and walked back.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She asked me. I don't really know why I didn't tell her when I first changed. It was never very important until we got closer.

"I admit I should have, but I didn't want to scare you off until i knew you trusted me." She tensed up and snatched her hand away.

-SMACK!-

Her hand met my cheek and she slapped me.

"That, was for lying and keeping secrets!" She yelled. Then she stepped closer, leaned in, and kissed me where she had slapped me.

"And that, was for being here for me, and waiting until I trusted you."

Hilary pov

I knew now that I would have to break up with Andrew. I took his hand and we went back with the others. I wanted to know more. We reached the deck, and everyone stared at us. At that moment I looked back at Cody.

"She knows..." He said. They all started cheering.

"Yay!!! We must celebrate!" Dean rose lifted his glass of sparkling grape juice and made a toast. It was very weird. I had so many questions. I looked at dean weird.

"Oh, we are all vampires here, except you." He explained. I held Cody's hand a little tighter and we all went back to the arcade room.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to cue." Brendan said, picking up a pool stick.

"That sounds like a challenge" Dean smiled awkwardly picking another stick up.

"I'm in" Maggie said, and Brendan handed her one too. I unclasped my hand from Cody's and walked towards the table.

"Get ready to get your butts kicked" I evilly smiled, grabbing a stick of my own.

"Woah!! New girl's got an attitude!" Maggie commented fiercely. Maggie, I figured, was more of the self centered type. She had angled black hair that was longer on one side, touching her shoulder, than the other that was brushing her earlobe. She had about seven different piercings on both ears, and her nose had a little diamond stud in it. She had on a red and black corseted shirt that was tucked into a pleated leather black mini skirt with black fishnet tights and biker boots.