Surviving Your Love Chapter 12

Sorry I haven’t uploaded in a while, I had a terrible case of writers block! Hopefully it has fully passed and uploads will become more regular!

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think!

Comment, VOTE and fan!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

DEVIN'S POV

I was shocked with myself for actually telling Xavier my life story. I didn't want to think about my father and everything else but once I started I just couldn't seem to stop. Being with Xavier made the wall I tried so hard to build around my emotions come crumbling to pieces. He was so caring and thoughtful, something Liam never was. I shouldn't even try to compare the two of them because Xavier was a far better person than Liam ever could be. In my eyes anyways, I thought to myself.

When Xavier asked me what we were going to do now, I knew I had to talk to my brother. He was the only one who could have told my father where I was. My father may have had connections but I had made sure to always cover tracks wherever I went. I don't know when my father and brother got back in contact with each other but I know it had to of been after I ran away. Right?

"Your brother? Why...?" Xavier asked me in a severely confused voice.

"He's the only person who could have told my father where I am. He knew I was here with you after that day we saw him in the ice cream shop."

"Your right. How are we going to find him though?"

"Might as well put some of my powers to good use, eh?" I said with a wink.

"How are you gonna-"

I didn't let finish before I started to explain.

"I have this ability to find someone if I know enough facts about them. Like for example if I wanted to find Jake I could because I know what he looks like. If I know the person's name or what they look like or their possible whereabouts, I can find them. So I'll be able to find my brother in a flash."

"Wow, that could sure some in handy. That is an awesome ability to have."

"Yeah, that's probably the only good thing that came out of being at the institute. It was also one of the hardest skills to master aside from my vamp urges."

"Yeah I know what you mean," he said looking up at me from where I was standing in front of him and flashing me a smirk, fangs included.

I took a deep breath before focusing on a mental image of Nick. My mind became fuzzy before I saw Nick walking up to a house and unlocking the door before going inside. Slowly I brought myself back to the present.

"I know where he is." I stated.

"Okay. Now what?"

"We confront him," I said, with a wicked smirk.

. . .

Nick didn't live far from Xavier. It was maybe a 45 minute drive. After me and Xavier decided to find my brother tonight and just get things over with, we stopped by the pack house to say goodbye to the twins and let Jake, Alex and Brody know what was going on. Callum and Aiden didn't want me to leave and begged with quivering lips to come with us. They continued their blubbering until Alex and Brody promised to play with them. Detaching themselves from my legs they grabbed the guy’s hands and skipped towards to the backdoor, rambling about learning to play football. With a quick "I love you" they were gone.

"We're almost there," Xavier said bringing me back to the present.

"Alright."

Soon enough we pulled up in front of a modern looking house. As Xavier parked I looked at the house, it was average size with a big front yard and cobblestone walkway that led to steps in front of the door. The house was a deep forest green color with an off white door and trimming. There were many lights on in the house giving it a warm glow.