Survivng Your Love Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The twins had obviously missed Xavier because they had run to his arms and were now talking animatedly to him. Slowly I made my way towards them.

"....Matt and Shane aw twins wike us, we miss dem, but we dont wike Liam. He was mean and didn’t wike mommy to hang out wif us. She always did but he would always yell aftawards. You would let mama spend time wiff us wight?” I heard Callum say, "Can we stay wiff you? And mama too? We wike your woods! Wanna see our wolfs?"

"Wolves?” asked Xavier, "what do you mean boys?"

"Callum, Aiden why don't you go play with the other kids while Xavier and I talk, okay?"

"Okay mama," they said before running off towards the play set on the other side of the lawn.

I looked towards Xavier to see him watching me with an expression I had never seen on his handsome face before. He glanced towards the twins then back at me.

Holding out his hand he said, "Come with me. We can go to my office and talk in private."

I reached out hesitantly to grab his hand. As soon as our skin touched my hand erupted in pleasurable tingles that continued up my arm, spreading all over my body. I was shocked, my eyes became wide and my mouth parted slightly. Looking up from our joined hands to Xavier's face, I could see the smile on his face with his gaze still locked on our intertwined hands. As if sensing me looking at him, he looked back at me. The smile was still on his face and I couldn't control the smile that slowly spread across mine by the way he was looking at me.

"Come on," he said, as he tugged me towards the house and to where I’m assuming his office was.

He kept a slow pace on the way and I reveled in the feel of his warm skin on mine. Our arms brushed against each other softly and all I could think about was his big hand holding my small one. I never realized how much taller he was than me but now, standing next to him. His 6'6' frame towered over my measly 5'6' one.

I realized we had walked into a room and he was just standing there looking at me while I was having my little mind babble.

Looking around I assumed this was his office, it was very manly. He had a big black wood desk with a black leather chair behind it. There were also two red comfy looking leather chairs in front of it. Off to the side was a TV mounted on the wall with a regular sized black sofa against the adjourning wall. There was a big window behind his desk that looked out onto the front lawn. Bookshelves were on either side of the window, they looked to be overflowing with the amount books on it.

"Devin..."

At the sound of his voice, I snapped my attention back to him. He still hadn't let go of my hand and tugged me over to the couch.

"Let's sit down, so we can talk," he said sitting on the couch.

Sitting down next to him, I looked up at his face. He was looking at me as if I would disappear. Slowly he reached up and his palm cupped my cheek, which drew a gasp from me.

"Tell me what happened when we all split up after the fire."

"Okay," I took a deep breath and told him everything. I told him how the twins and I traveled on the road for a few months, going from town to town. Then about when we ran into Liam at the diner. I told him about our stay there and how much Callum and Aiden loved and looked up to the older twins, Matt and Shane. Then came the part about Liam, it was hard because I got so mad that my vamp urges kept surfacing. I had to stop and calm myself because my fangs poked my bottom lip each time I talked. Xavier looked like he was also struggling to keep his urges under control. Although he had a much easier time since he had always been a vampire. Once I controlled myself, I continued to telling him what gad gone on. I told him about the twin's first shift and how I was worried it would be hard for them to control their anger which would trigger unwanted shifts. I also told him about the powers they would need help controlling since I only had some of the same supernatural blood as them.

"What other supernatural blood do they have?" he asked.

"Warlock, some demon, vampire, fairy and prophet. I can teach them about the vampire, warlock and fairy but other than that I am no help."

"I can teach them to control their demon parts and help with the werewolf, vampire and warlock part. We also have a prophet in the pack but we just call her a seer pretty much, that could teach them about that. If you stay we can help you. It might be safer since you'll be around others that can help you if something bad happens. We would be together, all of us."

I looked at Xavier and could tell he was being sincere and would help us. I knew I could trust him with the boys but would I make the same mistake twice by not asking if the twins would like to stay here. I knew it would be best to stay here but it was going to be hard. How can I control myself around this sexy piece of man sitting next to me?

"I will see what the twins want to do and if they want to stay we will," I said looking at his handsome face.

He smiled, "Okay well let’s go ask them!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

Please comment or vote!