Surviving Your Love Chapter 1

Chapter 1

FLASHBACK

"Devin, you good for nothing little bitch, GET BACK HERE!"  I swear when I get my hands on you, you’re going to wish you were never born!

"Too late I said to myself," because I already thought it!

I ran faster as he chased after me. I knew if he caught me it would be just like it always was, I would be beaten until I was bloody and bruised. Except for this particular time. This time I wasn't sure if I would survive.  He was angry. So very angry and I knew he wouldn't hesitate to kill me, given the chance.

I was deep in the woods now and the bastard couldn't shift anymore due to all the alcohol he'd consumed over the years. I kept running as fast and hard as I could.  I kept running even though I couldn't hear him yelling anymore. It felt like I ran for hours. I was too exhausted. I couldn’t run anymore. I collapsed and crawled to a tree. Pulling myself up against it was the last thing I remember before darkness consumed me.

. . .

When I came around, I was in a shiny metal cell with a bed, toilet. There was a small chair sitting in the corner of the room that appeared more like a closet than a room. I heard movement outside my cell.  I looked out to see rows and rows of cells just like mine, holding other supernatural beings. I had never seen such an assortment of creatures, let alone ones gathered together that were supposed to be enemies. Across from me, in a cell no bigger than mine, was a young woman maybe a few years older than me and two identical twin baby boys that didn't look more than a couple months old. The girl had shiny short blonde hair and bright sky blue eyes. She had a heart shaped face with a cute button nose and small lush pink lips. The boys resembled their mother in hair color only it seemed. They had very pretty light green eyes and were the cutest little things. They stared curiously at me and I couldn't help but wonder what they were doing here.

"Where am I?" I asked.  My voice hoarse due to sleep and dehydration.

"Oh! You're awake! They call this place project x headquarters. It’s a place where they experiment on supernaturals by combining different blood of the species and injecting it into one of us. Most don't survive but I wouldn't consider yourself lucky if you do either. It's hard to learn to control the other powers and urges you get. I have been injected with witch and fairy, so I'm werewolf with those other powers added on," she told me, in a soft sweet voice so as not to frighten me. I must've looked a sight as I was in the clothes I wore when I ran away and it seemed I had been here a couple days.

"Then why are you still here? Why not escape?"

"Nobody's brave enough. Plus the cells restrict our powers and it’s extremely painful if you do manage to use them. The only place we freely can use or powers is the training grounds and even then we are all monitored very closely. Also I couldn’t risk my boys, Callum and Aiden, they mean too much to me to me."

"Were you pregnant when you came here? Or..?"

She smiled sadly at me, "No they force some of us to mate with others to see if the gene carry's on through mating or just the injections. My names Della and this is Callum and Aiden. What's your name?"

"Devin," I answered back shyly.

I was so scared then but I knew had to get them all out of here, nobody deserved what they put us through. I would do everything I could to protect them and get them out of here.

END OF FLASHBACK

It's been six months since we escaped the institute or hell as we liked to call it. I had been there for 3 years before the fire happened; the twins had been there since they were born.

And now we live in fear of the people who captured us and took us away from the life we knew, catching us again. Moving from state to state, place to place hoping they don't catch up with us.

Only six of us escaped that horrid fire including myself and the twins. Jenny who had long pale blonde hair that was always worn in a long French braid with warm brown eyes. Max, who was Jenny's mate, had short spiky red hair and dark green-brown eyes. Then there was Xavier who was by far the tallest and handsomest man I had ever seen with his shaggy pitch black hair and dark blue almost black eyes. The twins had bright green eyes and dirty blonde hair, they were tiny for their age and it always worried me when they used their powers but they never tired, it always amazed me.

I had long wavy flaming red hair and bright aqua-green eyes. I was skinny but not overly skinny, I had curves in all the right places and long legs that always got me unwanted attention from guys,

After we escaped we all got as far away as we could together before we decided to split up, Jenny and Max went back to his pack. Xavier went to his coven, when he left he told us we were always welcome no matter what. I took the twins with me as I promised Della I would look after them. I would protect these boys with my life and would treat them as my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I hope you like it!!

VOTE and COMMENT please!!!!!!!

Thanks!