took you two long enough

"Tonight was one for the record books," Ashlyn said as she raised her glass at the Slices after-party

"Tonight was one for the record books," Ashlyn said as she raised her glass at the Slices after-party. Nadia decided that it would be a good idea to go and support Ashlyn, and she didn't want her feelings to get in the way of that. She just sat as far away from EJ as she could do that she didn't have to look at him...even though she did sneak a couple of glances.

"Yes!" they all agreed, clinking their glasses together.

"I literally don't even remember being on stage," Carlos admitted, holding his hand up.

"The rest of us will never forget it," Seb assured him, placing a hand on his arm.

"Oh, thank you," Carlos replied.

The door of the pizza place then opened and Lily and Antoine walked in, making them all boo at their arrival. "Okay, easy, easy, easy, easy, Wildcats," Lily said, putting her hands up. "We just came to congratulate you all."

"It is true. Your show has a beginning, a middle, and an end. It was wonderful," Antoine complimented and Nadia blinked in confusion, glancing over at Nini, who was also confused. "And Big Red, you were also in it," he added, pointing at Big Red, which made Big Red furrow his brows.

"Okay," Ricky said after a moment, "well, thank you guys for dropping by, but this is kind of a private party." Ricky stood up from his seat to walk them out. So if you could, uh—"

"Bye," some of them said, waving them away.

"Thank you."

"We'll miss you."

"Out you go. I said it. Come on," Ricky said, almost pushing them out the door.

"Finally. I thought they were never gonna leave," Nadia commented and they all nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, like, the audacity," Natalie said before Ricky came back.

"Can you guys imagine if they actually win at the Menkies?" Big Red asked.

Kourtney scoffed. "Honestly, and don't sue me, but I kind of don't care anymore if we win or lose to the competition," Kourtney admitted.

"I actually feel the same," Gina agreed. Nadia realized, for once, that she didn't care if she won or lost something. She just liked to be surrounded by her friends and the ones she loved.

"Yeah, it seemed more like we wanted it than needed it, you know?" Marcus pointed out.

"Okay, I thought it was just me," Carlos said, scratching his ear.

"I-I mean, we did it, right? We already got everything we wanted," Big Red said, smiling down at Ashlyn.

Ashlyn laughed gently. "But just let...the whole competition go, after all this work?" she asked.

EJ stood up from his seat, making Nadia look over at him. "If I can have, a, uh...senior moment here," he started, making some of them laugh. "I've won a bunch of trophies over the years, you guys. But I'd trade it all for this group right here tonight," he told them with tears his in eyes. Nadia fought back the sad smile that was making its way up to her lips at his words.