Prologue: Fated Mates that Destiny Forgot

The story of the fated mates that destiny forgot.

In the moonlight, the pair ran through the distillery. Adel led Esme away from the danger chasing them to another part of the abandon warehouse quietly. His hands were interlocked tightly with hers. Esme observed the mysterious boy guiding her. Her heart beats with excitement with her whole being yelling 'This is him!'

Who is he? Is he with those monsters? Esme noticed that he didn't look that much older than her. In fact, he was taller than her by a head. He's like the one from my dreams.

His light tan skin complimented his jet-black hair that was slick to the side. His attire was formal, but what baffled her was his ability to move quickly without breaking a sweat. Compare to him, she looks like a country bumpkin huffing and sweating.

Is he a prince? Hmm... Maybe more like a knight. Or maybe... Her eyes trailed to the most peculiar feature of the man, His eyes... The light from the moon illuminated them to a piercing blue, so pretty... Her cheeks warmed, snap out of it Esme... He suddenly pulled her into another room and she squeaked.

He held her close as he stroked her back, "Shhh... They will hear us."

Resounding constantly in an unspoken yearning, unknowingly searching for each other in their dreams and the hope that time can allow them to meet face to face if ever.

Her face flushed as she felt her hands pressed against his chest, he's strong... She shook her head; This guy is just helping out, this guy is just helping out. Her lips felt chapped, "Sorry..." She softly muttered. My life is danger! I shouldn't be thinking this. What's wrong with me?

He smirked, "So, you can talk. At least I'm not talking to a wall."

She puffed her cheeks, "Right back you."

He lightly chuckled, "Is that a challenge?"

By a stroke of luck they met, like lighting they were connected. Excitement, love, and determination, the unspoken whispers and declaration coursed through their bodies core.

She felt his tone chest vibrate under her hand, Woah, he's strong. She looked away from his chest as her cheeks reddened, "Maybe..."

Adel smirked again as her head turned away from him, but his ear caught her heartbeat. Her heartbeat sped up. Is she excited? How interesting...

Esme tensed when she heard a piece of metal drop in the distance, are those monsters coming back?

Adel pulled her in closer. He lifted her face towards his own to look into her anxious eyes. Without a second thought he uttered, "I will protect you." His determination solidifies seeing her nod at his declaration, he began closing the gap between them. He realizing his action he quickly pulled back and looked away from her. Shit... I want her more. What's wrong with me? He clicked his tongue, "Let's keep moving."

Esme frowned, Did he not want to? No, what am I thinking? Why am I disappointed? I should be glad he didn't. She let out a small sigh, "Okay."

He eyebrow twitched at her sad eyes. Adel gentle pulled guided her and interlock his hand with hers. His actions betrayed his conflicting thoughts. They shared an unspoken trust for the rest of the way. A peaceful quiet.

The destiny that connects them will be the one against them. The bonds they created will also be the ones they will be against with each other with heartache and suffering.

The pair made arrived the storage. Adel had released Esme's hand for a moment, when he saw metal something that aligned with the office.

His hand glided the metal and examined it, Blood... Then those things were responsible for the corpses. They will pay for what they did. His fists clenched tightly to contain his burning anger.

Meanwhile, Esme looked around the area until her eyes landed upon an odd-looking giant glass tube, what is that? She approached closer to the tube reaching the decaying ceiling. Its like something for a Sci-Fi movie. Who am I kidding? She lightly wiped the dusty glass and shined her cellphone light. The light revealed a grotesque enlarged face. What the- She yelped.

Adel whipped his head around to see his girl jumping away from the massive tube. He heard a creek from above. He spots a giant piece break off and fell. "Look out!" He yelled as his quickly shifted to save her.

The steadfast and uncertain future continues to ballad their story.

The teenage girl braced for impact, shutting her eyes.

Nothing happened.

She heard a low echoed voice, "You alright?"

She slowly opened her eyes to see the floor filled with little pieces of ceiling fragments. Then, she noticed a pair of giant paws in front of her. Her eyes trailed up to the owner of the paws. She blinked, once, twice, thrice. She was face to face with a black wolf with piercing blue eyes.

In the end, they will decide how their fate will go.