Chapter 15: Garden Date

At the Villa, Adel searched the documents retrieved at the factory while awaited his men's return from their investigation. However, he kept looking at his pocket watch.

Tch... she better not be late... I'll force her to live here if she does, he remembered the look she gave him. She didn't know her origins, but she already surpassed all my expectations. A great Luna in the making. Did she come from an Alpha background? However, given her passive attitude, she probably came from an Omega.

A knock on the door snapped him out of thought.

He put the papers down, "Enter."

The tall bulky man walks in, "Master."

"Rollo, did you retrieve the parts?"

Rollo slightly flinch, "We did as you asked to in the morning. Jax and I went to the shed, but the bags were gone."

"What?"

"It seems whoever came in after us took everything, even the dead monsters."

"Shit."

"We did find this."

Rollo showed Adel a piece of shatter glass with liquid substance on it. Upon closer look, a small cut of unknown flesh.

"Get these to Fern, see if he can make anything of it."

"Sir!"

"Rollo, one more thing."

"Yes master?"

"Did you both prepare for my mate's arrival?"

"Yes, everything's prepared."

"You did well Rollo. Wait for her arrival out in the front and take Jax with you."

"Sir!"

Rollo exited the room and Adel looked at his watch again, shit, where the hell is she?

He heard another knocked. He gritted his teeth, "Enter."

Loz came in with a cup of tea, "Boss, wants some tea?"

Adel clicked his tongue, "Fine."

Loz noticed Adel's irritated face, "Boss, everything okay?"

Adel narrowed his eyes at Loz. He took a deep breath and look out the window, "My mate..."

Loz's ear perked up while pouring the tea, what about the Luna? Did something happen? Is she in danger? He kept a straight face, "Is something the matter with the Luna?"

Will she be afraid of me when she arrives? Adel kept looking out the window, "She is interesting."

Loz lost a bit of his balance, doesn't that mean you like her?

"She has something about her that's different."

"If I may ask, what quality makes her different?"

"Her passive attitude, however there a fire she has. No one stood up to me like that."

"She is your mate."

"That's the weakness that I need to get rid of."

Loz felt his blood drained, "Boss you don't mean-"

"Relax Loz. As I said before, I won't reject her. Not yet. I highly doubt she will bring what she bargained for. She was lying to buy time for her petty human friends."

"How did you know?"

"Her eyes."

"Her eye?" Loz repeated, "Should I look into her background?"