Chapter 6: The Investigation Pt.2

In the fields, Adel's men came across a shed with a protruding foul smell.

Rollo fixed his glove as he studied the old shed, "Is master Adel really okay Loz?"

Boss's mate might be in town, but I don't think the boss is too keen of an idea to have her. He might see her as a weakness... Loz walked around the structure, "I will worry about him Rollo. You guys check inside the shed. The quicker we find the corpses, the sooner our boss can redeem the pack."

Jax blew his nose in the tissue before he muttered, "If the elder will let his position go..." He cracked his knuckles before punching off a hole to unlock the door.

Rollo huffed, "Master Adel is far greater than the other Alphas from the other packs. If he claims his Luna, obviously he can claim his title as a true alpha. Since the head elder doubts his ability, he makes him do the dirty work to keep the pack out of the master's control."

Loz overheard his companions, "I would scold you if we were with back with the boss, but I agree with everyone. However, Adel is not a pushover. He has a plan in mind to take back what's his." He kept scanning the outside for any threat.

Jax and Rollo entered the room and found some medium-sized and small-sized bags. Under the bags leak a discolored liquid.

Jax felt his stomach dropped, "What did they do to them?" He took a step back.

Rollo felt a bead of sweat rolled down his head, "Inhumane things. Not even a warrior's death is this gruesome."

Loz entered shortly after and witness the discovery. He swallowed and approached one of the bags. He ripped it open. The bag spilled the hands and feet of their dead kin from adults to children, these monsters. He heard Rollo and Jax gagged behind him. He closed his eyes for a moment to give them a silent prayer before he stood up, "Let's report back. I feel we might be finding something bigger."

They others saluted, "Sir!"

They all left the shed, but unknowingly, the body bags begin to slightly move and a long arm busted through the medium-sized bag.

-+-

In the now the wrecked office, the young man punched the wall. The force left a dent in the wall and ignored his numbed hand.

The sweet scent, the sensation of wanting, his carnal instincts, all of the things he didn't want to experience at this crucial time, the pack is more important. I'm supposed to find the corpses, not her!

His mind gnawed at his purpose, to avenge the blood spilled on that day. He was his own enemy today.

His mind plague him with voices of the past, the ones he locked up in his heart. He won't acknowledge those warm memories until he completes his goal, love is useless. It's a weakness.

He chucked another filing cabinet and it went through the wall, revealing a hidden office. The discovery brought him back to his sense, he took a handkerchief to wipe the sweat off his forehead.

He composed himself, this urge won't stop until I find her... He clenched his fist, fine then. I will play with fate. He continued through the hole in the wall to the hidden room, how strange. Coming to terms to find her quell some of my senses. He sneezed when the strawberry scent hit his nose again. He clicked his tongue, or not. His ears picked up on the approaching footsteps entering the hidden office, he recognized it was his men, "What did you find?"

Loz greeted his master with a bow, "The shed. We found bags." He took a moment to examine Adel, I'm relieved. He looks better than he did earlier.