Chapter 8: The Wolf and Monster

"Watch out!" The young man leaped to shield her from the falling ceiling.

The teenage girl braced for impact, shutting her eyes.

Nothing happened.

She heard a low echoed voice, "You alright?"

She slowly opened her eyes to see the floor filled with little pieces of ceiling fragments. Then, she noticed a pair of giant paws in front of her. Her eyes trailed up to the owner of the paws. She blinked, once, twice, thrice. She was face to face with a black wolf with piercing blue eyes.

She stared at him in awe, unmoving. Her mouth parted, but no words came out.

He stepped closer, observing her, does she not fear me?

They haven't broken eye contact.

He lightly nuzzled against her head. She relaxed against his fur and the nape of her neck exposed. Her alluring scent blurred his logic. His instincts took over with his eyes sharpening in a feral state. He loses control and bit her. She gasped. Her blood trickled down her neck. She tasted sweet and he continued to lick her neck. He heard her whimpered before it turned into a soft moan. She weakly attempted to push the giant wolf away but his slightly tightened his jaw, continuing to lick what was his. She moaned even more, which made him more eager to keep indulging in her. I need to stop, his judgment clouded, I need her.

Her body was not functioning. She smelled fresh citrus coming off the wolf. She shouldn't be feeling this hot sensation. She shut her eyes while chewing her lip in an attempt to hold her voice. She failed. What is going on? In a moment, that day invaded her mind. The boy, the unwanted touches, the force of him pinning her to his bed, the eyes that watched the scene that unfolded on to her, the flashes of light of the cameras as she ran out of the room. No! She snapped her eyes open. She kicked the wolf's paw before using her fist to punch its nose.

He lightly yelped and took a step back from the force of her fist. When he regained his composure, he saw her terrified state, Shit...I didn't mean too- He attempted to approach her again only to be greeted with a retreating girl as she back-crawled away from him. Her tears ready to spill from her eyes. His heart clenched again, I'm...

She saw the wolf's ears and tail perk downward. Her heart beating against her ribbed cage, her cheeks burning and her breathing haggard.

Suddenly, the glass tube shattered and monsters threw themselves at Adel. The monsters screeching turned their attention to Esme. Petrified in fear, Esme attempts to move back but her legs were not responding. As they jumped at her, Adel lunged to grabbed to her shirt to move her to safety. Everything blurred for her as he dropped her near a warehouse door. He quickly turned and chomped a monster to go limp. While the other monsters pranced on him.

They fought.

Another monster attempted to attack Esme again but Adel intercepted.

Soon the other wolves came to decimate the rest of the monsters.

Esme numbly watched the chaos unfolded in front of her until she felt a tug on her arm.

She turned to find Stacey, "Come on Esme, let's go before any more of those things come!"

Seeing Stacey's desperation, Esme looked back to see the wolves fighting off the swarm of mutated things.

Esme swallowed and nodded, "Okay."

As Stacey dragged her outside, Esme didn't notice her wallet drop out of her pocket. They ran all the way to the entrance, where they found Tim and Emma hollering at them from the car, "Jump in!"