Chapter 11: Wondering Thoughts

The air of the room tensed. Esme throat dried, but gathered her courage to ask him.

"Why not?"

"Because you mine.".

"I don't follow..."

Adel noticed the fears and anxieties in her beautiful emerald eyes, she doesn't know... I should probably take it slow. He turned away from her and walked to the closet. He opened it to take out a pair of clothes, Fern had to bring Luna clothing... Why does this place still have theses...? I told them to burn them when we arrived here. Well... unless I gave her one of my shirts... Adel's eye twitched and unknowingly his face warmed. He grimaced at the clothing in his hand. Never mind, these clothes will do... at least they have a use now or else my instincts will take over... He quickly went back to hand her the clothing then he pointed to the bathroom, "Go take a bath. Your filthy."

Esme lightly pouted, "Excuse me?"

Heh, cute... Adel smirked, "You ruined my suit with your sweaty self. When you get out, we will discuss..." He closed his eyes briefly in thought, "your repayment method."

Repayment? Her mouth went agape, "What?"

Adel returned to his stoic expression. He gently pushed her into the bathroom, "I will wait outside the room. If you try to leave without my permission, I will make sure you never leave this place again."

Esme heard the door closed behind her. She peeked over her shoulder. She is now alone in the bathroom. Just now... Was he... teasing me or threating me? She smelled herself, ugh... I guess he was right... Not that I agree with repaying him. She filled the tub.

When the water reached the amount she wanted, she took off her clothes and the gauze on her neck. She looked around to discover there were no mirrors in the bathroom. She remembered Adel's touch and his voice next to her ear. She tenderly ran her fingers on her neck.

She felt no bite wound, Huh? That's weird... She proceeds to take off the rest of her clothes and settle into the water, "Ah... This feels nice." Esme shook her head, "Get it together Esme. I need to get out of here and get home before- Ah! I forgot dad is coming home today. What if he thinks something happen to me?" She massaged her head before doing some breathing exercises "Ok... No worries... just breathe and think of something. Dad won't flip out... yet. You can do this... You will be fine..." She inhaled a big breath and went under the water then reemerge again; I will be fine... Take it step by step. Except, she wondered about her missing friends, "Where are you guys?" She mumbled.

-+-

Adel paced back and forth outside his bedroom door. This is annoying. This mate of mine... she's... He sighed while rubbing his temples. Tch, this is just my instincts to indulge in her...

Then he noticed the quietness in the hallway, he closed his eyes and focused his hearing. Adel heard his other pack members dealing with the rowdy teens in the office room downstairs. I'm their Alpha, they are my responsibility. I should focus on the missing pack corpses, and yet... He looked at his hand, remembering Esme's touch when she cuddled into him.

In a split moment, the memories of his past invaded his mind. 

"Dad, I'm scared." He clutched his dad hand, "I did what mom told me to do, but I can't find mom..."

He felt his father's hand gripped tighter as they ran through the woods. There were batches of fire and a couple of houses they passed that were either collapsed or consumed entirely in the fires. The screams of woman and child being slaughtered filled the woods. He heard shouting in the distant.

"There they are! Kill them!" A voice shouted.

~

His father turned back him. "Adel,*cough* my son. Promised me something."

Adel felt tear forming at the corner of his eyes, "What is it dad?"

"Take care of-"

~

"Goodbye Adel." Then he shoved his son to into the river.

"Dad!"

Adel grimaced as his continues to meditate on the reminder on his reason being in this town.

-+-

Finally, Esme finished taking a bath. Letting out a sigh of relief, she grabbed a towel to dry herself off. Ahh... This towel feels like a cloud. She looked at the clothes Adel gave her.

"This looks expenses..." Esme flipped the dress back and forth, it had nice golden threads on the hems. The bottom was a hybrid between legging and sweat-pants. The more she looked at the clothes, the more the clothes look like a tribal clothing with a modern twist, "Who are you Adel?"

Once she finished putting on the clothes, she went out to the room while holding her dirty clothes. These clothes are pretty comfy. They fit me pretty nicely. Seeing the room empty, she assumed Adel is waiting right outside the door. I don't know if he is being nice or evil... I don't trust him... He hasn't done anything to me... yet... I won't repeat that same mistake... Esme took a deep breath and headed for the door.

When she stepped out the room, she noticed the young man leaning on the wall next to the door with his eyes closed. He doesn't look bad... She noticed more of his features, he had wild haired gel off to the side, fine jawline, he didn't look built, but she could tell he had muscle. Like when he held me while I slept... She felt her cheeks warmed, bad Esme. You don't know what his intentions are. Even if he is attractive... She didn't notice him staring at her while she looked at the ground flustered.

She must think a lot in that head of hers, Adel pushed himself off the wall and walked towards her, "You ready?" He extended his hand.

She jolted at his voice, "Yes?" She squeaked. Then, she noticed his extended hand. Should I take his hand?

She can be shy at the most random moments. His eyes trailed to her neck and noticed it reveal his mark on her. He unconsciously hummed in satisfaction; it suits nicely on her. He noticed that she still hasn't taken his hand, "Well?"

Esme snapped at out of her thoughts, "Uh... right..." She hesitantly took his hand.

Adel noticed Esme's clothes in her hand, "You won't need these." He quickly grabbed them and tossed them back in the room. He heard her quietly said "Okay." He contently hummed to himself.

Esme's heart raced when he gently led her down the stairs. His hands were smooth with a firm gripped, wait, did I tell him my name? She looked up to him, "Hey..."

He peeked over his shoulder as they head down, "Yeah?"

"Um...I'm Esmerelda."

"I know."

"What?"

"Esmerelda."

It rolled nicely off his tongue, it sent shivers down her spine. She couldn't stop blushing, "How did you-"

Adel stoically didn't answer and made her down the hallway to through an office door.

When she entered, she found her missing friends.

"Esme!" They yelled.