Chapter 5: The Investigation Pt.1

The mission was simple. Investigate the distillery. Find any clues to the black marketer's supplies of the stolen pack's corpses. Secure them. End the client buyer that was set to meet three days later. Track the previous buyers and eliminate them too.

The pack arrived to the distillery twenty minutes later. The building run-downed of the city for years; the pack noticed holes in the ceilings, broken windows, and bare trees that connect to an abandoned field. Adel checked his pocket watch, 9 p.m., right on schedule. A sweet scent tickled his nose and he lightly sneezed.

His companions glanced at him, Loz spoke for them, "Boss, are you alright?"

It's getting worse, this aroma is intoxicating, Adel fixed his gloves not giving them a second glance, "Yes, don't worry about me. Focus on the mission. The sooner we secure our fallen brethren, the sooner they can be at peace."

"Sir!"

His companions proceeded ahead to scout the area by sending Jax in first. Jax signaled the all clear as he continued inside. Adel and the others followed him in. The sweet scent of strawberries still lingered in Adel's nose, It's impossible that she is here?

-+-

As the teenagers continued to explored, Emma and Esme entered a courtyard that leads to the storage area. Inside, their lights had reflected off the metal refineries.

Emma was taken aback by the massive metal structure, "Woah, these things are big."

Esme nodded, "Yeah, from what I know. This is where they process the grapes into the liquid."

"Esme when did you take an interest in wine?" Emma raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Esme shrugged, "When Stacey told me last minute we were coming here, I decided to search online about wine distilleries. I was curious. People say we have the wine country in California. I guess this used to be one."

"Esme sometimes you're an information nut."

Esme blushed, "Sorry, I was getting nervous trespassing. What if our parents find out?"

Emma laughed, "We'll be fine. Come on, let's continue searching." Emma grabbed Esme's wrist and lead her through the area.

They found a stair leading to the basement. Making their way down, they found another warehouse room filled with broken barrels. They searched around and found some barrels containing alcohol.

The stench overwhelmed Esme, she held her nose, "Ugh, gross. This place smells bad."

Emma nudged her elbows into Esme's arm, "We should take a barrel for the party."

"Not you too."

Emma squished Esme's cheeks together, "I don't mind going, but I am not stupid to what everyone really does at house party."

It's not like I don't know either, Esme sighed, "I should've rejected the invite."

"But you didn't. Look Stacey is just looking out for you and you guys already hugged it out. What's there to worry?"

"The party. My parents won't believe me..."

"Don't be paranoid. Girl, you're with us. You can say you are having a sleepover with everyone, and Tim. We'll dress up and have a night. Unless you're worried about something else?"

Esme sighed, "Every time I get told how I should be or am to them, I feel more trap. It's like I have to be that part."

A moment of silence.