Chapter 13: The Agreement

The mere moments of tension felt like hours for Esme, finally she gathered her words as she stood up to meet Adel's eyes more.

"You were the one that ..." She badly wants to grab her neck instead she held back, "Wait... what were the monsters then?"

"That's none of your concern." Adel answered.

"Why were you guys there in the office?"

"That's none of your concern."

"That's not fair or an answer. We told you our reason," She briefly looked over to her terrified friends before looking back at Adel, "Now tell us yours."

This is woman... Adel's lip twitched briefly, "We are searching for corpses."

"Corpses?"

Adel snapped his fingers and his men shifted back, "Every werewolf has a pack." He signaled Loz to give him the papers as he continued to explain, "When a member dies, we bury them within our pack lands. However, there are those that like to use the decease for their own personal use."

"In what way?"

"Carpets, fur, eyes fetch a price too. Limbs like our claws can melt with metal to make different blades."

He hands her the folder, and briefly skims through it, "That's awful."

"It's what you call an illegal trade or black market."

She handing him back the folder and Adel handed it back to Loz to put away, "So, are you in town because of this?"

Adel nodded in confirmation, "Yes. But finding my mate... An unexpected variable in our plans."

What does that supposed to mean? Esme looked over to Adel's men then back to Adel, "You guys called me "Luna", and a werewolf, but I can't do any of the things you guys just did."

"Yes, you can."

"What I mean to say, how do you know I am a werewolf?"

"You went into heat."

Esme cleared her throat, "Um... I don't know what that is. You can't just say these things and expect me to know because I don't."

Fern chimed, "If I may Luna, our kind have a thing called mates. When they found each other usually the male wolf marks the she-wolf and usually complete the mating bond. However, if the she-wolf is just mark and the mating bond is not completed, then she goes into heat, which is usually to push the mating process to happen."

I don't like where this is going, Esme felt a cold sweat, "Wait, mating?"

"You know, to produce pups."

What the hell? Esme pretended being un-phased, "How do mates find each other?"

Adel noticed her fingers frigate, he felt his fist clenched, Dammit Fern.

Fern adjusted his glasses, "They seek each other's scents; they have a unique smell that only they can smell. Also, if you are about to meet them, both parties also crave each other's taste."

"Wait, like him smelling like citrus" She pointed at Adel while looking at Fern, "Even though I was 20 feet away from him was my instincts seeking him out."

"Precisely."

"Then the heat..."

"Happens after marking."

"But I wasn't mar-" She paused, "Wait, this tattoo on my neck is a marking?"

"Precisely."

"Enough Fern," Adel narrowed his eyes.