Chapter 4

Star, Sunflayer, Clay, Tsunami, and Sunny were in the main entrance cave to the school. "Who would've taken him?" Star said, scanning the room for suspicious dragons. "We could check the SkyWing, but then again, he probably hates me more than Squid." "I'm going to organize a search party" Sunny said. "And I'm going to pack up and visit my family until this is all sorted out", Sunflayer said, going over to Star. "It was really nice meeting you, Star. I'll miss you. And" she paused. "I've always liked you more than a friend. You mean the world to me, Star. Now go find Squid." Sunflayer gave Star probably the biggest hug of her life, then walked away, to her sleeping cave. Bye Sunflayer, Star thought. I've liked you more than a friend too. i'll miss you.

Sunny got a search party together in a handful of minutes, and they started searching for clues about where squid may be. Star went to Squid's sleeping cave to look around. There were no signs of struggle, as far as she could tell. But something seemed off in that room. Star looked high and low in that cave, but without luck. She started walking out of the cave, but then something caught her eye. A claw mark on the entrance near the floor. Oh squid, Star thought. I'll find you. I promise.

"Star!" A MudWing dragon called. It was Swang, Squid's clawmate. "There's a note for you. It says to open immediately. It's something to help find Squid." He handed Star the note. The note had a star on it, too, with pure white paper. "Swang," Star said. "Go get Sunny and Tsunami, and tell them to meet in the entrance cave. And hurry!" She called as Swang nodded and ran off to go get them.

Once they were all in the entrance cave, Clay said "what does the note say, Star?" "This is what it says" Star opened the letter and read it. "Hello Star. I've had my eye on you for a while. You probably know I have someone you want back. This SeaWing, Squid. All you have to do is solve some riddles i will be posting in places. This is your first riddle:

Get to the one you secretly love

Before they fly away like a dove

Only if you get there in time

Will you begin to see this plan of mine.

Hurry Star. I won't wait forever. Neither will Squid."

The note was signed "Undoing".

"Undoing?" Tsunami said. "How about I undo him-okay, that was terrible." "I think I know where to go to solve this riddle!" Star said. "Clay, search Sunflayer's sleeping cave. Tsunami, search the library. And Sunny, you're with me. look for Sunflayer." And they split up. Star and Sunny ran as fas as they could to the landing platform. And there she was. Sunflayer, getting ready to take off. "Sunflayer!" Star called. Sunflayer turned around, eyes locked with Star's. "You can't go! There's a riddle I got to help find Squid. His kidnapper is sending me on a scavenger hunt. The first riddle says 'get to the one you secretly love. Before they fly away like a dove. Only if they get there in time. Will you begin to see this plan of mine.' And it's you I secretly love, Sunflayer. Every since we met, you're all I think about." Though I don't admit it to myself. "I want to be near you constantly. I...I love you, Sunflayer." "I love you too, Star," Sunflayer said, slowly making her way to Star. They hugged. Wings wrapped around each other. Tails twined.

"I think you have the next clue" Star said. Sunflayer opened her bag and looked around, moving things around, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "That wasn't there before," she said. She handed the note to Star and she opened it.

"If you really want to get to Squid.

Get to the water cave with no lid.

Only when the moon is full and bright.

Will these clues begin to shed some light"

Star read. "So that's the next riddle. Let's get to work." and they headed off to regroup in the entrance cave.