Chapter 10

Later that night, Star was unable to get any sleep. She kept thinking about Squid, and what Undoing had said. If she did sleep, it would be a nightmare. She would toss and turn in her sleep.

"Star," someone said from behind her. She was facing the wall. Star turned to look at Sunflayer and Sunflayer said "can't sleep?" "No" Star replied. "I have an idea" Sunflayer said, dragging the mat on her ledge onto the floor in the center of the cave. Star did the same. They lied on the mats, next to each other. Star fell asleep, and slept better than she had ever slept before.

The next day, Star and Sunflayer started getting ready for class. Star couldn't shake the thoughts of what happened the previous days. Why did this have to happen to me, and on my first day of school? She thought. I need to save Squid. And I need to do it now. Then, Star made up her mind. Squid needs her and she's how going to stand around any longer. She kept the fruit in her bag and packed those self defense scrolls she picked up from the library when Squid first got kidnapped.

Next, Star went to Clay for a weapon or two. "I'm going to get Squid" she told him. "I'll need something to protect myself." Clay nodded and led the way to a small room with a box in the center. The box was locked. Star just took a couple daggers because that's all she feels like she'll need. She handed one to Sunflayer, who insisted on coming with.

Star helped Sunflayer back a bag of things she would need as well. Then, they flew off to the cave where the Dragnets of Destiny grew up.

They flew north for a little bit. "I'm getting thirsty" Sunflayer said. They saw the tip of the Five-Tail River not far off course, so they flew there. While there, they rested. Drank and rested. They lost track of time and the sun was setting. "Let's stay here tonight" Sunflayer suggested. Star nodded in agreement. They made a spot to sleep with leaves and palm branches from the nearby trees. They arranged the leaves on a grassy patch of land. They lied down and Star fell asleep.

Star was woken up, in the middle of the night, by Sunflayer . . . Twitching and shaking violently. She was mumbling something in her sleep. Star put her head closer and listened. She heard Sunflayer saying something that sounded like a . . . a prophecy.

"The day the fire turns blue

A suspicious death shall rule

On the day the dark one comes

Will there be an eternal night

Unless the pink hero is born

There will be no one to stop the fight

The golden gauntlet must be found and worn

The pink dragon knows what it's for

For she has read all the lore

She will know how to end the fight

Because she is the one who knows what's right"

And then, Sunflayer layed there, still. Star panicked for a moment, thinking she was dead, but Star saw her side rise and fall in her deep sleep. Star quickly took out a blank scroll and wrote the prophecy down on it. Obvious who the "pink dragon" is. But the golden gauntlet? Star though for a moment. This gives me almost nothing!

Star heard a thud behind her. She turned and saw Undoing . . . Again. "Now what do you want?" Star demanded. "I'm here to give you your first orders, Star. When the moon is fullest and highest in the sky. All the lit Fire will turn blue. I might have something to do with that. You are going to kill someone for me." "No I'm not. I'm not doing anything for you." Star said back. "You will" Undoing said coldly. "Yes Undoing," Star said, "who do I have to kill at that time?" She asked. "Tsunami the SeaWing," Undoing said. "Yes Undoing. I need a few things though." Star responded. Undoing put a talon on Star's shoulder "I enchant this dragon to have the power to enchant five objects of their choice, however she wants." A minute later, Star heard rustling in the bushes behind her. She turned around and saw Sunflayer there. "Star?" Sunflayer asked. "What are you doing here? F-father?" She looked up at undoing.

"Daughter," Undoing said. "Why are you here?" "Helping Star" Sunflayer replied. "Go back to the school. NOW." Undoing snapped. "No, I-" "NOW!" Undoing yelled. Sunflayer held back tears, and ran away. "Sunflayer!" Star called starting to run after her. "No Star," undoing said. "My target won't kill herself. Your time is tonight. Go to the school and do it." And Star left and flew for the school.

She got there and went to the principals office where Tsunami was cleaning up before she went to bed. "Late night, Star?" Tsunami asked as Star entered the office. "Yeah," Star replied. "I want to go talk with Stonemover but I'm not sure where his cave is. Can you show me?" Star asked, pulling out her map. Tsunami looked over Star's shoulder at the map. Then, Star reached up, grabbed Tsunami's horns, and twisted, snapping her neck. Then, Star said "I enchant you to be as light as a feather, until I say 'stop'." Then, she grabbed a loose rock and said "I enchant this to turn into a cloak big enough for three dragons, and so that when I wear it, no one knows I'm here, they can't hear me or see me." And the rock turned into a cloak big enough for three dragons. Star slid Tsunami onto her back, then the cloak, walked outside.

Once outside, Star grabbed Tsunami's corps by the tail and flew up really high into the sky. Her plan was to drop Tsunami and make it look like suicide. She tucked her cloak into her bag and then she said "stop". Then, Tsunami instantly got heavier. Star dropped her, and all Star could hear was the loud thud of Tsunami's body hitting the ground.

She flew back to where Undoing was waiting for Her, and said "the job is done. Tsunami is dead."