Chapter 11

"Very good Star." Undoing said, lighting a fire. The moon was almost highest in the sky. Just a few more minutes until midnight.

When it was midnight, the fire Undoing lit swirled and turned blue. Dark clouds of smoke rose from it and rose high into the sky. It looked like it would soon cover the whole sky. "Star" Undoing said. Star turned her head away from the smoke to look at undoing. "Go back to the school. Have no memory of this period of time, starting when you first saw me. And go back to your normal self tomorrow." Then Star nodded and flew off to the school.

She walked into her dorm and flung herself onto her sleeping ledge. She fell asleep without a thought. Not thinking about what she did. She won't have any memory of killing Tsunami tomorrow either. No memory of finding out that Undoing is Sunflayer's father. She'll wake up, and go about her normal day. At least Star will remember Sunflayer's prophecy. That was before Star and Undoing met that night. And Star just fell asleep . . . Without anything in her mind.

The next morning, Star felt perfectly normal. She looked for Sunflayer around the school because when Star woke up, Sunflayer wasn't there. Star looked around, wanting to see if anyone knew where she was. But Star couldn't find anyone. The school was empty.

Star went to the main entrance cave and sat there, trying to think where Sunflayer might have gone. Clay walked into the school from the landing platform, a sorrowful expression on his face. Sunny at his side, with tears in her eyes. "Tsunami never looked depressed or said anything suicidal" Sunny said. "What happened?" Star asked, going toward Sunny and Clay. "T-t-t"Sunny tried. Clay but a talon on her shoulder. "Tsunami's dead" Clay said mournfully.

Star felt shattered. Dead? Who-what?! "I'll find whoever did this. You have my word" Star said, putting a reassuring talon on Sunny's other shoulder. "Also" Clay said, "something really weird happened last night, and something strange is happening now. Come look" Clay lead Star outside.

There was a tall pillar of smoke rising from within the mountains. The smoke was thick, and almost black. "There will be an eternal night" Star recited, not realizing she had said it out loud. Clay looked at her in confusion. "Sunflayer made a prophecy. At least I think she did. I need to talk to her about that. There's something she's not telling me." Star explained. "Not another prophecy," Clay said, "I'm seriously tired of prophecies. Last I heard, Sunflayer was going to see her father" Clay told Star. "I'm taking Sunny to the prey center. But I don't think I'll be able to eat." Then Clay and Sunny walked away, to the prey center.

Her father? Star thought, launching herself into the air. She flew toward the tall pillar of black smoke. As she flew over the area where the blue fire was lit, she could see Sunflayer standing near it. Star angled a glide down to Sunflayer. She landed and Sunflayer looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. "W-what's wrong?" Star asked. "My father" Sunflayer said, wiping tears from her eyes. "He did this. He's going to cause this eternal night I keep dreaming of." "That's so dream" Star replied. "I think that's a prophecy. You recited something in your sleep. Sunflayer, you made a prophecy." Sunflayer looked at Star in shock. "I-I was only ever able to foresee, and hide it. I've had visions of an eternal night, though I didn't think much of it."

Star took out the scroll she wrote the prophecy in and handed it to Sunflayer. She read it, and dropped the scroll, a shocked expression on her face. Sunflayer's eyes met Star's. "I kept hearing those words in my head during those visions. I . . . I didn't thing much of it, but it makes sense now. This blue fire; the smoke rising from it. My father." Sunflayer paused. "Your father?" Star asked. "Who is he?" "You know him. You met with him last night." Sunflayer replied. "I don't have much memory of what happened last night. Last thing I remember is your prophecy." Star explained. "And that's good" Undoing said from behind. "Father? I knew it was you." Sunflayer said, eyes wide with shock. Star's eyes were also wide. Undoing is the father of Sunflayer? Star thought. Then, what looked like a SeaWing with NightWing colors. Her scales, black and purple-ish blue with glowing feet highlights, and pale blue eyes that look as if they could pierce your very soul. "Who's that?" Sunflayer asked. "This is Shadowlake" Undoing replied. Then he waved a talon forward and another dragon emerged from the nearby trees and bushes. It was a NightWing, female, with black scales and a grey underbelly, with silver scales speckled all over her, like the night sky stuck to her whole body. And her eyes are blue.

"Star, Sunflayer. This" Undoing gestured the NightWing "is Timetraveler. And she has the ability to travel through time."