xxvi, fearless.

chapter twenty six. fearless.

angelina was sweating through her eyes, forehead, and basically anywhere. she hadn't made much of a deal of it, but valedictorian struck her again, maintaining a 4.6 gpa and ... well, an entire album. many thought it was biased.

a lot of seats away from olive due to last name alphabetical order, angelina sat through another graduation - except in a much happier state of mind, and having the comfort knowing ranboo was there. and part of the reason he was there, was for her.

her mom, dad, aiden were in new york for the week to see their little girl and sister to finally grow up. tommy was there for especially olive (along with her adoption mother, carmen), and toby was there for the both of them. jade was right beside him.

of course they were all there for each other, but each (besides toby and jade) had their person. and it comforted angelina that ranboo was her person.

"now here's angelina phan," angelina heard her name, causing attention to spike her out of her thoughts. "top of the valedictorian class, finishing school with a 4.6 gpa, and you may even know her for the strike of fame she's in!"

her fingers toyed with the very old paper in her hand.

angelina shook a lot of hands before she had even made it to the podium. leaning into the mic, her fingers trailed over the old and edited words from almost two years ago. she cleared her throat and began speaking.

"in high school, specifically senior year, i graduated top valedictorian with barely any friends and a slightly upset family. and now i'm here at new york university, graduating valedictorian with the people i love - and friends, that now feel more like family than everything.

"this is a completely edited speech from my one in high school. some parts added, some the same. i figured i couldn't write another speech completely different, considering i've never been too good at them. i know what you're thinking with the whole songwriter thing, but it's a bit more different than that.

"going to this school was the best thing i've decidedly done. i met my very best friends here, and i reunited with the person i've grown to love. and i've gotten back into the love of writing music, which caused me to be much happier than i previously was.

"my family partook in a big part of where i am today. thanks to my mom and dad, who pushed me my hardest, even from across the country, they made me try my hardest. and thank you too aiden, my brother who was always there to understand my issues in serious times.

"thank you for listening to my songs on facetime from california. and for the reassurance that you would support me through any career choice i decided to do. and now i'm definitely doing what i love.

"olive, tommy, toby, jade. you four made my life so much better, though the times you each came into it was different. you've changed me for the brighter side. and you all assured me in my darkest that i was doing good. thank you.

"this part of my speech, i skipped in high school. and i spent a long time regretting it. but now, i'm not so sure if i do - considering we're back and ... well, better than ever, i suppose. oliver, we both messed up a few times. but you did a lot for me, even after senior year.

"so congrats, class of 2023. go and celebrate with your friends, family, or if it's just you, go home and watch your favorite movie and eat your favorite food. i know i'll be watching the hamilton musical while eating chinese food. congratulations!"

stepping off the podium and smiling at the applause (it was extra loud from where ranboo, tommy, toby, and jade were sitting), angelina stuffed the speech back into her pocket, sitting back down in her spot.

high fiving olive on her way to her seat, angelina was content with herself once more.

and hey,

ranboo was finally included in a speech.

━━━━━━━━

the end.

━━━━━━━━