Hardin Chapter 7

When dad said to accompany Tessa on the 4th floor, I don't know why but I got nervous, so I started to walk fast. Shortly after she joins me and scolds me for walking too fast.

I just tease her about her short legs.

It feels nice to have her walking right next to me. I don't know why but it is. I decide to take the long route to reach 4th floor, so that I can have her walk next to me for a long time.

When we reach, her dog literally jumps over her and starts to lick her whole face.

My eyes widen.

I never had dogs. They are just like kids and their maintenance is on another level, they shit all the time and need attention all the time. I just watch them in complete annoyance.

But something about her playing with him, petting him and her giggles pulls my lips in a small smile until I see Gwyneth at the end of room and my face goes stern. Holy crap.

I look at Gwyneth to get her attention but she just rolls her eyes at me.

When Tessa realizes the presence of Gwyneth, she asks her the only question I didn't wanted her to and my dearest sister didn't even tried to help her brother. She went like it was nothing and I wonder what Tessa thinks of me now.

Well, I haven't even tried to make a conversation with her and everytime she talked, I came off rude.

Thats the thing, I don't know how to talk without being sounding rude, I mean this is all new to me. I haven't felt this way for anyone before, I know we just meet a few hours ago and haven't had a normal conversation for once but there is something between us which both of us cannot seem to deny.

I take my ass out of the room before I doze off there only as both the girls dive into girly conversations. I kinda like the idea of Tessa being good friends with my sister and I don't have any idea why though.

I see Landon outside talking to someone on the phone. I go near him and lean my lower body on the railing. He hangs up the phone and does the same.

"So, how is she?" Landon asks.

"How is who?" I sure as hell know he is asking about Tessa but I don't want anyone to know what I am feeling right now. Fuck even I'm not sure what I am feeling.

"Ha-ha." He rolls his eyes.

Okay, what is it with everyone rolling their eyes at me?

"Shut up." I say and leave there.

I need a beer.

Landon also follows me and we head to the bar section. I take out a chill beer for I and Landon. We sit in stools leaving one on each side.

Just when I'm about to open it I see Tessa and Gwyneth reaching here and in an instant my eyes find hers and we just stare.

Her eyes are so beautiful shade of blue and grey. Her blue orbs hold such innocence behind them. Jesus, what is wrong with me?

They both come and Gwyneth sits between me and Landon.

Now the only stool is left beside me. She hesitates a bit before sitting there but eventually does. And I shift a little to opposite so she doesn't feel uncomfortable.

"Tessa, you wanna drink something?" Gwyneth says.

"Nope." Tessa chirps.

She inhales a deep breath and looks up at the painting.

"Is this from The Louvre Museum?" Tessa asks.

"Yeah it is." Landon answers as its his obsession to collect these dumb-ass paintings wherever he goes.