Hardin Chapter 10

Her phone ringed some unknown number and I could sense the internal battle she is having with herself whether to pick it or not.

But I guess being the most polite person that she is, she chooses to take it and excuses herself.

I cannot help as my eyes look her up and down.

It's driving me crazy that how much of a control she has over me and the fact that she doesn't even know it.

When she speaks into phone, I see her getting tense and she runs a hand through her hair and I immediately know somethings wrong so I quickly excused myself not that I care but I think Tessa wouldn't appreciate it. 

By the time I leave dining hall I already see her going towards her room, I presume.

I call her in attempt of stopping her and she does turns.

She's crying. I just know she is.

My heart breaks to see her like this.

But the next second she is sprinting towards me and wraps her small hands around my waist. I'm caught off guard but I make sure to hug her back. Because hell even I missed this feeling and I was just hoping for this to happen again but I didn't imagine it would happen this quickly. 

I'm mean she is supposed to hate us as she is basically being forced to get married with me and here she is being nice to my family.

We stay like this for few minutes her arms tightly wrapped around my waist and mine on her shoulder while her head rests on my chest and my chin on top of her head until I hear a muffled sob. 

"Tess." 

She doesn't answer.

"Tess, what's wrong?" I try to move her but she tightens her grip more.

"Do you want me to take you to your room?" I question.

She lightly nods.

I unwrap my hands and so does she. I slide my one arm below her knees and other one stays at her back as I carry her to the room in a bridal position.

I open the door with the help of my foot and step in. I switch on the lights and I slowly keep her down. 

She stumbles a little before sitting on the edge on the bed. After a second she lays down flat on the bed, her legs still hanging.

I close the door before I fill the glass with water settled on the nightstand and reach her bed. 

She has her eyes closed and I have no fucking clue whether she's already asleep or not. But I can't let her sleep like this so I gently start to remove her shoes and then socks.

Once I'm done removing her shoes and socks, I again hold her and lay her down correctly in middle of the bed.

After a second, I see her necklace is disturbing her and she continuously is pushing it right then left then right then left.

I reach over and bring her head above the pillow to have access to remove this damn necklace off her.

When I'm trying to open this small clasp around this fucking necklace, she stirs and slowly opens her eyes.

She opens her eyes and looks at me with those beautiful blue orbs of her, both of our faces are so close that I smell her vanilla scent. My gaze then falls on her lips which are now slightly parted and she takes a quick breath before gulping.

I practically have to force my eyes to move from her lips back to her eyes but she already is starring at my lips while she slowly licks her own.

I have never felt this urge to kiss someone. Hell I have never kissed someone in ages. I mean I had my first and last kiss when I was fourteen and I'm fucking twenty-four now.

Ten fucking years and here I am so desperate to kiss her.

We both slowly lean in until both of our lips are slightly touching and she removes even that little space by pressing her lips onto mine.

The moment I feel her lips on mine, my entire body is on fire, every fucking cell of me is awaken. I slightly open my eyes just to be sure that this is real. That I'm actually being able to kiss her after all of these years. And it feels fucking awesome to have her lips wrapped around mine.

I place my hand over her cheek and other still rests under her neck while her hands wander my chest before she brings me closer to her by my neck.

Her touch makes me feel so good. Its just indescribable. I get fucking butterflies and I don't even get one. I'm telling you, its indescribable.

She opens her mouth to breath and I take it as my opportunity to introduce my tongue. I push my tongue into her mouth and she does the same.

Both of our tongues fight for dominance when I feel her biting my lower lip before licking it.

"Fuck." I say breathlessly.

If it feels like this then I don't ever wanna stop kissing her. Only her.

But something in me strikes and I pull away.

"What?" She exclaims.

"You're drunk." Is all I manage to say.

"What! I'm not drunk Hardin. I just had couple of glasses of some old wine." She hazily replies.

"Exactly. And you won't remember this tomorrow." I say while sitting up on the edge of the bed.

"Why does it even matter? I mean you've kissed so many drunk girls before so why not?" She exclaims with a small smirk plastered on her face s she also sits up.

"No. I have not." I say looking straight into her eyes.

She stays serious for one second before she bursts into laughter. I frown but my heart sure as hell is smiling to hear that sound.

"You want me to believe that you 'Hardin Scott' hasn't kiss anyone." She says before she again bursts into laughter.

I have slept with many girls and women till now. But even the thought of kissing them made me so disgusted that when I tried to I fucking threw up right on her fucking face. And honestly no one opinion mattered to me before until now. I hate the fact that she thinks so low of me.

"You believe it or not, but its the truth." I say once she's stopped laughing.

"Yes and I'm Taylor Swift." She says while rolling her eyes.

"It really is the truth Tessa." I say one more time.

She huffs before laying back down on the bed.

"By the way, who was on the call?" I ask her and she suddenly sits back.

"It was Noah." She spits out.

______

A/N - I just wanted to say sorry for disappearing like that and lets hope that won't happen ever again. I love y'll so much <3.