Tessa Chapter 15

I make my escape real quick as I couldn't control my tears anymore and I surely didn't wanted them to know. Especially him.

I want to be left alone with my thoughts for now. I just want to lay in bed, go to sleep and wake up from this horrible nightmare.

I was about to enter my room when I heard Gwyneth calling me. I wiped my cheeks and took a deep breath before turning around.

As she was making her way towards me, I noticed how much she and Hardin look alike. They got same emerald eyes and same cute little dimple, both of them has same hair colour too. I just wish they had got same sweetness too. But I bet how Hardin would be with it.

She snaps her fingers in front of my face as I was too busy swimming deep in my thoughts.

"Hey, sorry wasn't listening before. Could you please repeat." I ask her.

She simply nods while pulling me inside the room.

"So I just got the news of this gala which is going to be held tonight and it's so soon that I don't have any dress to wear but also if we go now to buy a dress, I think we wouldn't be able to make it but I also don't wanna wear any other dresses that I own because I feel they are outdated by now and-" I was listening to her blabbering with all my focus until Karen showed up in the doorway.

"Jesus, give the poor girl a break." She said to Gwyneth with a dramatic sigh whilst Gwyneth rolled her eyes.

And I just watched two of them thinking how would my mother react if she was alive. I really do miss her.

I see them bickering about all small things when I notice a tear rolling down my cheek and I quickly wipe it. I don't want anyone to know at all.

Finally after sometime what feels like forever they agree with each other.

"Tessa, I'll be sending you a dress for tonight in few minutes, darling." Karen says with a sweet smile and I nod with the same smile.

"Okay, dearest mother, now go." Gwyneth says while pushing her out of the room.

"I'm sorry, T." Gwyneth says as she swirls around.

"Why are you sorry?" I look at her in confusion.

"She just ordered you to give you a dress and you must be having something in mind but that won't happen now so, yeah, I'm sorry." She explains.

"Are you insane? I'd love to wear the dress that she is borrowing me." I say.

"You sure?" She asks and I happily nod.

"Okay. It's settled then, our clothes will be arriving in a few and all the accessories related to them. Now, let's start doing our makeup." She replies and I look at her weirdly.

"What? Why are you giving me that face?"

"I mean why do we have to start now?" I whine.

"Because the event starts from 6 in the evening and it's currently 2 and we don't have enough time, T, pleaseeeeeee." She exaggerates and makes a puppy face.

"Okay okay, cannot say no to that face." I reply as I put my hands in air to surrender and she giggles.