Hardin Chapter 18

The moment her and I entered in here, every fucking forehead turned to see us or more specifically her and I don't fucking like it. Even a bit. 

I hate the way how every man's head turns and they look at her with a hint of hunger and lust. How their eyes stay focused more on her tits for more than seconds and how they slowly take her in, up and down. My blood runs cold when I see some bastard smiling at her but when I look at her all my anger fades away. 

She looks extremely beautiful and so fucking adorable at the same time, I don't know how she manages that but she does. 

The way her eyes shine everytime she looks at those hideous ceilings and her little smile whenever she catches something flowery, even though whole of this is completely covered in flowers. I watch her so closely and intently that I don't hear Gwyneth coming beside me. 

"Aw, look at you, so in love." She giggles before running off to somewhere.

Fuck, I mutter under my breath.

I being a selfish bastard, grab her hand to get her attention and I swear to fucking god, the look she gives me, makes my pants go tight and my dick gets a fucking semi hard on.

Fuck. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her and she looks at me like I have grown two heads.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She answers and then looks ahead.

After a moment, I release her hand and we slowly reach our table. While approaching the table, I gave as many as death glares I could.

Once we reach, she goes to sit with her dad, their table named Young and I sit across them claiming Scott. I keep catching glances of her when her father says something and excuses himself leaving her all alone.

Moments later some bastard takes a seat on their table and kisses her hand. I can't see her face but I just know she's not comfortable around this piece of shit. How his eyes are situated only on her cleavage.

I fist and unfit my hands before taking a deep breathe and approaching them. 

The second I stand up soft music starts playing in the background and once I am close enough to hear what they arre saying, I hear Tessa saying 'Say that again and I'll have your fucking tongue' and a small smile takes over my face. 

That's my girl. 

Fuck. Why would I say that?

I shake my head to get rid of these when Tessa bumps into my chest. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I gently grab her by shoulders and steady her.

The moment I look into her eyes, I can see her battling whether to answer honestly or not and I do hope she tells me exactly whatever she's feeling, I want her to be honest with me about her feelings. And if she says she doesn't wanna be here than this gala can fuck off and I would take her away from this shit. All she had to do is just tell me and I'll do exactly that.

"I...I'm fine." She says with a heavy sigh while bitting her cheek.

"Tess, hey look at me, if you don't wanna be here then we can go, I swear it, Tessa." I tell her.

She looks at me like is contemplating my suggestion right now  but then shakes her head.

"We can't, this is important for dad and I won't......just let it go, Hardin." She says while touching her forehead on my chest and it my whole body ignites and then goes rigid. 

She seems to notice it and quickly removes her head and I hear her muttering sorry and turns but I stop her by grabbing her arm. 

"Wait, where do you think you're going?" I ask her.

She looks confused and gestures towards her table.

I shake my head.

"You really think I'd let you sit there after that, not before I break his fucking hands." I say and pull her towards me. 

"No need to do that, I already handled it." She says and a small smile takes over my lips as I remember her saying that.

"What?' 

"Nothing, come on, lets go." I take her hand and walk where I was sitting before with her.

Once we reach, I can see all the shocked faces but they should try asking me if I give a fuck. 

My dad is the first one to say. 

"Not that we don't want you here, in fact we'd love to have you with us Tessa, but Hardin its against one of his rules and you know it." I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"What rules?" Tessa asks me while I pull out her a chair beside me.

"Nothing you have to worry about." I tell her and she takes a seat. 

I take my seat when I hear my father saying something again.

"Hardin, you're not taking it seriously, you don't know have any idea about the outcomes, son."

My father hisses at me and Karen apologetically smiles at Tessa.

"Dad you need to stop now, you're acting like someone would kill you." This time Landon's the one to speak. 

Thank fucking god.

"You people are going to be the death of me." He says and finishes his scotch. 

"Fair enough." I say under my breath but Tessa catches that and looks at me in disbelief. 

I shrug because she doesn't know the old him. No-one knows what the fuck he did. To me and my mother. Except Karen.