Tessa Chapter 11

He actually wants me to believe that he hasn't kissed anyone. Hah.

Does that even make sense? Nice joke Hardin.

I shake my head lightly to get these thoughts out of my head.

But the first kiss that we both shared seconds ago was magical. The way he first let his lips linger on mine for a while and then deepen the kiss was just so out of the world I felt....I felt....so alive.

I never ever had felt that way with any of the kisses I had including Noah.

Speaking of the devil, he asks me who was on the phone and I'm thrown out of my bubble.

"It was Noah."

Words slip roll off my tongue and I immediately regret it. I didn't wanted to tell anyone, but I don't know why I feel so much attached to him that I do things that I never thought I would.

I see his jaw clenching and he sits with his back straight, he looks so pissed.

"Why he called you?" He questions.

"I...I" And suddenly I'm out of words.

He comes closer to me and tucks my hair behind my ear and places his hand on my cheek. I get so comfortable suddenly under his touch which makes me a bit scared but I lean more against his hand as I meet his eyes.

"Tessa you have to tell me what is it actually about?" He demands softly and I think I'll give it to him.

"It's complicated." I manage to say.

"Details Tessa details." He calmly says and I have to stop myself from giggling.

See, this is the thing that makes me scared, he makes me feel safe, valuable and good about myself in many ways that he doesn't even know. He has me under his control and I don't seem to question that.

"Noah and I were together for 4 years.....we were just friends when we first met but he made the first move by asking me out and I said yes..I was alone at that time. I have had zero good friends in my lifetime. All of my friendships have ended because of.....where I belong. And then we were exclusive. From past two years we have been on and off but we never called it quits. But once he got to know about this deal.........he broke up with me and said pretty hurtful things too." I say all of this in one go and nervously chuckle just to cut some of the tension that is surrounding both of us as I talk about my past relationship.

"What did he say?" He questions.

I feel his eyes on me.

"What?" I say.

"What did he say to you on the phone?" He replies and I release a breath which I didn't know I was holding as I thought he had asked me to repeat what Noah said on that day which I wasn't ready to tell anyone.

"Um he said 'you're a whore and be ready for the revenge bub' his words not mine." I say.

That motherfucker, I hear him say under his breath and I can't help but chuckle.

"Are you okay?" He asks while his eyes stare at me and I suddenly feel so naked under his gaze.

"Ye...Yes."

"Tess, don't lie to me." He says while sliding closer so there's no space left between us.

"Hardin...I don't wanna talk about it." I tell him as calmly as I can.

"But if you don't talk about it then how are-

"I said I don't want to. Is it too hard to understand. Please just leave it." I say a bit annoyingly.

I just don't get it why he can't understand the fact that I don't wanna talk about it.

And suddenly he stands up from the bed and reaches the door.

"Hardin." What's wrong with him.

"What?" He says with his face still facing towards the door.

"Don't do this now." I say with a firm voice.

"Well, when you decide not to be a bitch anymore then you call me and we can talk. I hope you know where my room is." He steps out of the room and slams the door hard.

I promised myself not to cry and at least not over this shit but here I am, on my knees, tears shedding from my eyes for this rude asshole.

I was not ready to tell him yet, he could have just understood it. Or maybe I'm a bitch, he was just trying to help me and I snapped at him.

Fuck.

He is messing with my brain.

...

I finally stood up from the floor as it started to get colder time by time.

By the time, I washed my face and changed into
t-shirt and my favourite unicorn pyjamas.

I get under the covers and try to think I'm still in my room in Seattle and nothings wrong. I don't actually have to marry anyone against my will and all of this is a nightmare. And soon i'll be awaken from it.

I close my eyes in order to get some sleep but it doesn't come.

I keep turning and tossing on the bed but sleep doesn't come.

Fuck you Hardin.

I gave up trying to sleep and step outside my room. I thought to go to Gwyneths room but I didn't wanted to invade.

So Im trying to find the kitchen but this house is fucking big.

I internally scream when I see a black reflection standing by the counter.