Visiting the Past

There was a knock at the door, and Chloe came in. She walked up to the desk, and "Father," she said as she bowed her head a little bit, "They came in, and I have the wolf in the back room." 

The man nodded and stood up with a grimacing smile on his face. "The mother is still room one?"

"Yes, sir."

He walked out from behind the desk. "Good job." Then the two of them walked out of the room. Chloe walked behind him silently. "I want him injected and then moved into the viewing room one."

"Yes, sir," she turned away and walked away from her father.

He kept walking down the hall to the room that Geoff's mom was strapped in. He walked up to the sleeping woman, picked her head up, and whispered in her ear, "The boy has finally come."

This enraged the sleeping woman. As soon as she heard what he had said, the wolf within tried to come out. Her eye flew open, and instead of the cool blue, they were a vibrant dark gold. Under her breath was an audible growl. "Don't touch him," she warned. The alfa female was starting to rise. 

In front of Mr. Shephereds eyes, he watched as this defeated woman turned into a fierce fighter and ready to rip out his throat. "There's the fire!" He yelled out in excitement. "Oh, I won't touch him yet. But my daughter may have already." He chuckled as he lit his cigarette. He took a drag from it and blew it into her face. "They will be here soon. How about sitting still until they come?"

Mr. Shephered chucked as he took a seat at the far corner of the room. "How's the imprint going? Craig still doing good?" 

The woman sat there and stared at him. This man was older than she was by millennia, and yet he only looked to be her age. His taunting of their imprint did have her worried. "It's still intact if that's what you want to know." She said flatly to him. 

He chuckled more at her response, "That's surprising; maybe I have made you more numb to pain than I thought I did." 

A sense of panic started to creep up her spine. Calm down Samantha, the wolf voice inside her head said, I can still feel him, but at a distance. He is fine. Though she relied on this voice for the last 10 years, she still could not help but feel a little lost without her mate close by. 

"Don't you remember what happened?" He leaned back in the chair and stared at Samantha. "Ten years ago, you both tried to escape from me. You ended up killing half of my men. But only wounding the wolves and witches I had on the payroll."

The memory started to come back to her.

    ***************

It was a cold winter night. Samantha and Craig were tied up in a hotel room. "Don't worry, Sammy, I'll get us out of here," Craig said as he tried to untie his ropes. 

Samantha laid on the floor unresponsive to Craig's voice, for just moments ago, the group of vampires and hired wolves were beating her. 

"Not much good an alpha female is without her alpha wolf." one of the wolves had said. 

"So much for the imprint they made." said another. 

Craig had already felt useless to her since he had only just found her a few months before. He wasn't strong enough to protect her, and he left their son with his Aunt. Seeing his wife and imprinted partner lay on the floor had him feeling even more defeated. As he was about to break free, a man, woman, and child came walking in. The man was tall and had an air of aristocratic air around him. The woman was as tall as the man; she had the air of elegance around her that demanded respect from others around her. The child she was holding was around Geoff's age. She was shy as she held onto her mother and tried to make herself disappear into her. Craig knew they were vampires the moment they stepped in, not only by the red in their eyes but with the stench of wolf's blood that was wafting off of them. 

"Mommy, are we going to eat these two as well?" The little girl asked. 

The woman shook her head, "No, my dear. We need them for something vital. Are you still hungry?"

The little girl nodded, "And he smells really delicious." her eyes flashed a brighter red for a moment. 

The man, who had been silently watching Craig and Samantha, turned to his daughter and wife and laughed. "Well, my princess, there are more wolves and witches out there if you want to eat more."  He patted his daughter's head. "Why doesn't mommy take you out there, so you get more?" 

Craig watched in horror as the little girl's fangs grew out more as she looked at her mother with pleading eyes. "Please, mommy, can I go eat more?"

The woman looked at the man and then at the girl in her arms. "Alright, let's go and get you more to eat." she looked at the man, "If you need us, we will be two rooms down." 

As the man watched to two leaves, Craig was watching him. What does he want? It isn't to kill us, and if that were going to be it, then he would have let that monster of a girl eat us. Craig was still trying to get the last bit of rope untied when the man turned around.

"Hello, Mr. Lankfur." He said as we walked over to the other bed. Stepping over Samantha's unconscious body. "My name is Mr. Shephered. My closest colleagues call me Godfrey. Those two pretty ladies were my wife, Bethany, and daughter Chloe." He pulled out a thick cigar. "Bethany would bite my head off if she saw me doing this." He put the cigar in his mouth, lit it, took a long drag, and then blew it in Craig's face. 

Craig coughed a little, "You have a pretty family, Mr. Shephered." 

He smiled, "Thank you. I hear you have a little boy." Craig wasn't about to confirm the information. "That's fine. You don't have to tell me about Geoff. I'll find him sooner or later. As for now," He stood up and walked behind Craig, grabbed his hair, and pulled his head back. Making his neck completely exposed. "Since you have only been with a wolf, you don't know what kind of pleasure a vampire bite can bring, do you?" Mr. Shephered brought his teeth just against his bare neck. "I typically don't go for men, but I would not watch my wife or daughter bring this to you, and I don't want anyone else to either. You Lankfur's have always been a thorn in my side." 

Samantha knew what was going on. She stayed still and silent until the moment to stick would be right. Are we going to move now? The inner wolf asked in furry. He is going to soil our man! 

Not yet, she said to the voice. Wait until he is about to strike. That is when any vampire is the most vulnerable. 

Just as Samantha would make her move, Godfrey was making his, and unannounced to both of them. The door was about to open.